Clutch =[

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member
still didnt fix it. =\ so i guess its clutch time? or maybe ill just rip the tranny off and take a gander inside.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man thats rough, sorry to hear that...

Okay so to recap....

1) When you drive the car it will move we all know that, but the clutch pedal is pressed and you can not put it into gear moving or sitting still it will not go into gear?

2) When you bleed the lines and press the clutch to the floor does fluid shoot out? This will confirm that the clutch pedal all the way down to the bleeder is in working order.

3) When in gear and moving the clutch does not slip or have issues until you need to shift?

4) If the above is correct it is something with your throw out bearing or fork that presses the throwout bearing that pushes the pressure plate and releases the clutch. You may have to pull the trans to inspect this. Now if you get the trans out, I would personally replace the clutch/throwout bearing/pressure plate while your in there....

Advance Auto has a good line of clutches another good brand is LUK or exedy.

I hope this helps bro

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you check your clutch fork when you had the slave out?

when i broke my clutch fork i had similar issues to the OP (trouble getting into gear from neutral, trouble shifting while driving, etc.)
when a clutch fork is broken and not stiff anymore it bends beyond the limits of the slave cylinder, and the slave will not be able to push the clutch fork enough to disengage the throwout bearing and the clutch. i honestly think this is your issue

you should be able to inspect the clutch fork using a flashlight if you take the slave off, or take the rubber boot off that covers the slave piston. but in order to replace it you have to drop the trans

this is what mine looked like:

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

when i broke my clutch fork i had similar issues to the OP (trouble getting into gear from neutral, trouble shifting while driving, etc.)
when a clutch fork is broken and not stiff anymore it bends beyond the limits of the slave cylinder, and the slave will not be able to push the clutch fork enough to disengage the throwout bearing and the clutch. i honestly think this is your issue

you should be able to inspect the clutch fork if you take the slave off, or take the rubber boot off that covers the slave piston. but in order to replace it you have to drop the trans

What I want to know is HOW lol... Man that got JACKED Up

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my left leg is a little bigger then the right lol

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
na idk really i think it all started with a small crack that weakened the fork and then it just got worse over time.

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member
Man thats rough, sorry to hear that...

Okay so to recap....

1) When you drive the car it will move we all know that, but the clutch pedal is pressed and you can not put it into gear moving or sitting still it will not go into gear?

2) When you bleed the lines and press the clutch to the floor does fluid shoot out? This will confirm that the clutch pedal all the way down to the bleeder is in working order.

3) When in gear and moving the clutch does not slip or have issues until you need to shift?

4) If the above is correct it is something with your throw out bearing or fork that presses the throwout bearing that pushes the pressure plate and releases the clutch. You may have to pull the trans to inspect this. Now if you get the trans out, I would personally replace the clutch/throwout bearing/pressure plate while your in there....

Advance Auto has a good line of clutches another good brand is LUK or exedy.

I hope this helps bro
1: i cant even get it to rolling unless i push it and "pop" it into gear.
2:Yes
3:before i had the problem, no everything was fine till whatever happened happened.
4: i think ima just rip the tranny off. and replace the clutch and err thing. till i get some $ up itll be a auto-zone oem replacement. if i see anything while im doing this, BELIEVE me ill come back and inform.

Once again thanks for all the help peeps. i cant thank you enough. =]:word:

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member

you should be able to inspect the clutch fork using a flashlight if you take the slave off, or take the rubber boot off that covers the slave piston. but in order to replace it you have to drop the trans

Not gonna lie, i didnt look. but it was hard to push back, when i was putting the new slave cyl on. but once again if this is it ill come back and let you peeps know

sorry for double post modddds

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What do you mean double post? lol

And so I got two things... One being you said now you have to pop it into gear? So you can't have the car off and put it into gear? If you can put it into gear with the car off then you your trans is fine... But I think I know what your saying is that you have to start it, get it rolling then grind that b***h into gear....

Okay sooooooooo the only thing about all this that I am asking you NOT to do is get a Vato Zone Clutch! Please please please go to Advance Auto/Napa/Car Quest.... Advance has great clutches and they price Match! So even if someone else has a better price they will match it... Please do not use Vato Zone s**t on your car, unless you want problems again...

GL let us know either way

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member
like i cant get the car moving in general. i have to have it rolling... i dunno hard to explain. its like sit in car crank, wont go into gear while pushing cluthc. maybe thatll work?

Sifreak23

Im telling you man, check your fluid in your tranny, very inexpensive. Yeah manual trannys are a splash system but they do need to be changed after certain mileage. Make sure its Honda MTF from a dealer or someone who carries it. if im wrong, at least itll cost ya very little and youll have new oil filled to right amount. Bad or very low oil can cause your problem...

Pocket_eh

Ordering Civic HB Parts
5+ Year Member
but wouldnt it still have clutch and shiz when i push the pedal even with low tranny fluid?

Sifreak23

You know what, after going back and reading through all the posts on this thread im gonna go with as well either the release fork or ur pressure plate. Actually like one of theseguys said, just get a new clutch kit.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea dude your tranny is fine, don't get a clutch until you pull that tranny... See what is going on first... But at the same time it is best to replace the clutch regardless

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yep knew it was something with that or the throw out bearing.... But I didn't think it would be that to be honest because that is HARD to break, unless it was a Vato Zone Clutch...

Make sure you take your flywheel to the machine shop to get surfaced.....

Should be 10-20 bucks... Then make sure you torque all that stuff down in a criss cross pattern to the *proper* torque specs per the manual....

Post pics! =)