CO671 1999 Civic Sedan

CO671

Registered VIP
Here's my 1999 Civic DX Sedan. Picked it up in October of 2011 with only basic knowledge of auto-mechanics like changing oil at the least but learned a lot with this car and its problems, changing head-gasket, A/C, brakes and rotor shaving, and little DIY mods here and there. I'm coming up to my final year in high school and have a goal set for my little 4-door before I graduate.

The week I bought it:
Came with the wheels , paintjob, shift knob, seat covers and wheel cover; everything else was stock, no sounds or a/c.

Over time:
Head-gasket change, brake pad/rotor, fixed a/c, changed cluster to add a tachometer, changed seats, OEM window visors, player and a sub, and soon a mugen rep front lip, and little things like broadway view mirror & license plate tilt.

Engine:
Stock & slow y7.

Exterior:
Car came with the paintjob, I have no idea what the color's called
Honda Access OEM 4-door visors
Depo Foglights
Mugen replica front lip

Interior:
98 Auto CRV Cluster
98 CRV Front seats
PWJDM Brass Knuckle 530gram shift knob
94-01 OEM Integra dual-bend shifter

Suspension:
OEM stocks/springs
Previously 17" Konig Heliums, now running SI's

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like a good start!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not to bad.. goodluck with it!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not bad looks clean

CO671

Registered VIP
Went on Amazon and got these two:
Zealous License Plate Angler/Tilt
Broadway 240mm Convex rear view mirror

--Apologies if the photos are huge, they're raw files from my phone--
I like the tilt because it compliments the sedan's chrome grill.

The mirror really helps I get a much wider view, but when I hit some bumps and i'm running my subs on even a low level it keeps sagging, I just wrapped some electrical tape around the mirror joint to hope it stops sagging

still waiting for my front lip to come in as well as the rest of the parts for my CRV so I can finally get it running.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yay I can see your pics at work! I do like me a fresh looking 4dr, standard ftw =)
Whats your goal with it?

CO671

Registered VIP
Yay I can see your pics at work! I do like me a fresh looking 4dr, standard ftw =)
Whats your goal with it?

maybe it was the hosting site thats why! Imgur.com

Thanks :D in the short tern its repair the problems, but long term an absolute overhaul when my CRV's running and I can actually park this. Maybe VTEC mimi-me swap or a B-series. I want a little power here and there but I also want a great handling, reliable, fair mileage, clean daily driver.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe it was the hosting site thats why! Imgur.com

Thanks :D in the short tern its repair the problems, but long term an absolute overhaul when my CRV's running and I can actually park this. Maybe VTEC mimi-me swap or a B-series. I want a little power here and there but I also want a great handling, reliable, fair mileage, clean daily driver.
I suppose. sometimes other sites work randomly.
I never really saw a point in a mini-me swap, vtec isnt all that great in a d series. But to each there own i suppose =) Handling is a pretty easy one to do. just dont do gay ass ebay coilovers lol

CO671

Registered VIP
I suppose. sometimes other sites work randomly.
I never really saw a point in a mini-me swap, vtec isnt all that great in a d series. But to each there own i suppose =) Handling is a pretty easy one to do. just dont do gay ass ebay coilovers lol
Just to get those ignorant people to shut up about "EYYY DUDE DO YOU HAVE VTEC!?"
You are right, it isn't all that great, but if I can have the CRV last longer, then why break 1 car down (original owner is my mother) just to make my Civic (i think i'm the 5th owner) just because I want it to gain little power? It'll still be slow unless I throw in maybe $5,000 which I don't have and won't have as a senior high school student lol.

Oh no no, i got those already for free from my cousin but would never ever put them on. It was tempting because there was a show, but I just can't live knowing I might blow my shocks. so saving up for Koni/GC, and new tires!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just to get those ignorant people to shut up about "EYYY DUDE DO YOU HAVE VTEC!?"
You are right, it isn't all that great, but if I can have the CRV last longer, then why break 1 car down (original owner is my mother) just to make my Civic (i think i'm the 5th owner) just because I want it to gain little power? It'll still be slow unless I throw in maybe $5,000 which I don't have and won't have as a senior high school student lol.

Oh no no, i got those already for free from my cousin but would never ever put them on. It was tempting because there was a show, but I just can't live knowing I might blow my shocks. so saving up for Koni/GC, and new tires!
lol Yeah there are those tard monkeys out there. You have a point with the money thing. Koni/GC roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocks how low do you plan to go?

CO671

Registered VIP
lol Yeah there are those tard monkeys out there. You have a point with the money thing. Koni/GC roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocks how low do you plan to go?
Way too many!
I plan to just keep a 1-finger gap because even now i'm scraping leaving my house driveway, i'd hate to put my front lip on without re-filing the gravel lol. Plus, on Guam, going low is dangerous with our horrible roads! I plan to do the same thing to my CRV (1 finger gap)

Here's a Civic that's one of my initial inspirations

For a while, I was hoping to get the depo taillights, and maybe Rota R-Specs, but i've been digging these wheels more: I think they're Konig Supermesh if not genuine wheels. I tried searching and got a list of wheel options this can be (about 5+) but the owner never replied to my PM to clarify :(

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have to take my drive way at a crazy angle so i dont scrape and its not even that much of a dip either lol it gets pretty annoying when the neighbor parks to far down his. I love mesh/web style rims. So you should totally do it :D

CO671

Registered VIP
I have to take my drive way at a crazy angle so i dont scrape and its not even that much of a dip either lol it gets pretty annoying when the neighbor parks to far down his. I love mesh/web style rims. So you should totally do it :D
Ohh like this picture!?

aii aha. Yeah it took a while to grow onto me but if I can get a hold of that style rim, i'd definitely pick it up!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ohh like this picture!?

aii aha. Yeah it took a while to grow onto me but if I can get a hold of that style rim, i'd definitely pick it up!
Omg yes! my roomate would also part to close on the curb along with the neighbor being gay in his driveway lol
Soooo I ended up just parking on the curb instead

CO671

Registered VIP
I just noticed many other Honda owners are cat owners too. Here's my sisters cats but I play with them often :3
so i'm going to leave this here
I guess this is equivalent to asian parents having an african-american child.

Omg yes! my roomate would also part to close on the curb along with the neighbor being gay in his driveway lol
Soooo I ended up just parking on the curb instead

Ohh that's your roomate? okay, i was just going to ask if your whole neighborhood was full of Honda's aha!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just noticed many other Honda owners are cat owners too. Here's my sisters cats but I play with them often :3
so i'm going to leave this here
I guess this is equivalent to asian parents having an african-american child.

Ohh that's your roomate? okay, i was just going to ask if your whole neighborhood was full of Honda's aha!
Cats are the f**king bomb! My fiance is super deathly allergic to them :cryingahugeriver: so i gave him to an old coworker

It used to be full of gay ass ricer hondas. I guess they couldn't hang with my hatch so they left :D