Computer Talk Thread (Open to all)

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so lets say i buy a brand new everything, id still have to buy an os right? do any of you guys use ubuntu? isnt that a free software? i wouldnt wanna cough up 100 or so for a copy of windows.

lets say i have... 550 or so to spend on a new desktop, should i just buy one premade or build one?

im gettin into dslr cameras and the files are pretty big, i cant edit the pictures without lag and my laptop cant even play the HD movies. thats pretty much all. what should i do?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so lets say i buy a brand new everything, id still have to buy an os right? do any of you guys use ubuntu? isnt that a free software? i wouldnt wanna cough up 100 or so for a copy of windows.

lets say i have... 550 or so to spend on a new desktop, should i just buy one premade or build one?

im gettin into dslr cameras and the files are pretty big, i cant edit the pictures without lag and my laptop cant even play the HD movies. thats pretty much all. what should i do?
For 550, you're going to be better off getting a premade.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IMO, if you caught those deals off newegg, you could build a solid computer to do what you need. Then again, that kind of drops your budget to a low 450 and really wouldn't be worth it, unless you somehow had a copy of an OS to use and could use all of that 550 on a build.

And also if you already had a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i seen on slick deals some refurb stuff. super cheap. im just gonna wait for a super good deal, its not life or death i guess. it would be fun to put something together tho

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i seen on slick deals some refurb stuff. super cheap. im just gonna wait for a super good deal, its not life or death i guess. it would be fun to put something together tho
Stay away from refurbed.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just build a computer already, its fun to see what you can throw together and tinker with!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice thread OP. Just seen it.

Remind me to lick your a*****e next time.