Coqui's EK Hatch 600+/JDM Build!!

Coqui

5+ Year Member
*Note* I have my build on another forum so im just going to copy and paste what i have so far im not going to put it all on one day but here ya go enjoy *Note*

My goal with this car is is to go 10sec on the track or go over 600+hp and at the end have it looking jdm.

First i'd like to tell you people how i got into the racing scene. My very first car was a 2000 ek coupe 5spd and boosted. At the time i didnt know anything about cars i just got it because it looked clean and simple i was the type of kid that would go to school and if i heard you talk about cars i'd walk away and chill with other people lol. (Now i love cars lol ) Anyways I learned to drive stick on a boosted car fun and scary at the same time lol. The car was boosting at 5lbs crazy to say at the time the car seemed really fast. My dad presented me to a shop CFT (Central Florida Turbo) thats where i got my car tuned after i got it tuned i took it to the shop, ran 15's flat and before i traded her fastest time it ran was 13.8. Ever since that day i've been addicted to the track and took me on to this build. This is how the car looked like before i traded it like a month ago (sadly to say i miss her alot had her for 2 years)

When i first got her

Before i traded her

The reason i had traded it was to get something lighter. Now i got this

This is Everything i have for the motor so far. I been on this for about 2 years. Why so long? (1) Because i spent a good amount of money on my old coupe and not concentrating on my motor and (2) i wasn't sure of what parts to buy so i had CFT help me alot on it!

B16 Head
Skunk2 Pro Series Valves, Springs, Retainers, and Cams Stage 1
Skunk2 Fuel Rail
Edelbrock VictorX Intake manifold
Blox 72mm Throttle body
84mm Cometic Headgasket
ARP Headstuds
GoldenEagle Vtec Conversion Kit

B18b
84mm GoldenEagle Sleeved block
CP Pistons
Manley Turbo tuff rods
Type r oil pump
GoldenEagle Block Girdle
ACL Rod Bearings & Calico Main/Thrust Bearings

GSR Tranny
Wavetrac LSD
CFT Longer 1st Gear
Twin Disc Competition Clutch

Onto the pictures

Wish Me Luck

Coqui

5+ Year Member
CFT Longer First Gear And Wavetrac LSD (For GSR)

Avid Motor Mounts

1000cc Injector and Dual Walbro Fuel Pumps

Full Blown Dual Pump Hanger

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Edelbrock Victor X Intake Manifold and Cometic 84mm Headgasket

Got my Fuel Lab Pressure Regulator and Gauge :thumbup:

Oil Catch Can Looks Lovely!

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Heres When we started taking out my gsr motor cuz i was selling it.

All we've been able to take it were all the plugs/sensors/radiator/ac

Dirty ass interior! Guy never finished taking off the tar so thats another project ima have to do! Got a long way to go but excited about it.

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Okay so i decided to call one of the guys from CFT to help me out take out the air bag and some of the ac stuff underneath the dash and this is what we did for an hour or so cuz he had to get to his shop at 10.

Airbag finally came out =)

Most of the ac components was taken off

The mess we have underneath the car lol this is where we ended it

Last but not least probably the best thing i have inside the car right now :bang:

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Okay so i'll leave u guys with that for now ill be posting more pictures either later on today or tomorrow. My theme for this car as far as exterior/interior is too go with Spoon Parts, Work Wheels, CTR Parts, and many more Stay tuned! BTW this is going to be a slow build cuz im on a budget and my job doesnt pay me that much :cussing: but it'll get done sooner or later :word:

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This should be interesting! What axles and what turbo are you getting?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word: looks good... nice to see another florida guy on here.

Coqui

5+ Year Member
This should be interesting! What axles and what turbo are you getting?
Im going with Driveshop axles and i got a Precision Pt6265 BB Turbo pictures of that will be coming as soon as i get all the other pictures posted up.

Like the shell! looks hella clean! good luck with the build :thumbup:
Thanks alot bro. The shell will be going through a big change.

good luck with that build
Thanks Bro.

sub + scribed
:beer:

:word: looks good... nice to see another florida guy on here.
:word: Not to many floridians doing it as big as others around the US We gotta change that lol

Coqui

5+ Year Member
This was when we took out the dash

Sorry for the ugly pictures but this was the mess we left after taking the motor out

Spoon Oil Cap N Radiator Cap ;)

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Took half the mat out and heat core was also taken off

Back bumper/CTR Replica Lip/ Tinted Tail lights/CF wing all taken off.

CTR Replica headlights/CTR Replica Grill was taken off

Spoon Replica mirrors too ;)

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Took out the engine harness to clean up the bay a littler

When i was Working On the interior

One of the parts i've been waiting for for like a month finally got here my pt6265 turbo, just had to take pictures from every angle lol =)

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Will be posting more pictures tomorrow morning i gotta head to work but stay tuned things will start getting better =)