Crysis machine

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've finally plunked down the cash to build a new comp.
The computer currently running at home now is an OC'd Athlon XP 3200+(Barton Core) with x800 vid card.
it has issues running BF2 at medium settings.
The above setup has lasted ~5 years. It cost a pretty penny when I originally built it.. but outlived far beyond my expectations.

I went over budget... as I didn't originaly intend to purchase a new monitor. however impulse got the best of me. I figured that this setup leaves room for upgradablity so this rig can go ~4 years.Everything purchased on Newegg.com except case&PSU (purchased on woot.com).

If the PSU goes, I will get a PCPower unit.

Mobo:
EVGA nForce 680i SLI

Proccessor:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

CPU Cooler:
ZALMAN CNPS 9700

Video Card:
EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked Edition

RAM:
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR800

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA

Monitor:
ASUS 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen

Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit

Case/PSU:
Alienware MJ-12 Mid-tower ATX Case w/ 700 SLI Ready Power Supply

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice
how much did that run you?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hold up..... alienware cases on woot? show me mofo!

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i searched woot. and found it....how much was it going for on there? cause they regularly rerun deals. i just want to know if i should start looking at woot more often

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i searched woot. and found it....how much was it going for on there? cause they regularly rerun deals. i just want to know if i should start looking at woot more often
when i got it it was 129... but on a recent woot off they were going for 89

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea on my setup i wouldve bought a monitor to go with it and a new OS. but i didnt have that kind of cash and im going all new. im not reusing anything. im giving my bro my current setup in exchange for a case.

an OS i can obtain through other sources.....im not saying how... but you should know. i might try vista. i might go with 64 bit xp. i dont know. ill try them all. s**t i might even give linux a shot.

if i had the money to spare i wouldve prolly gotten everything you got there. i need a new monitor. i think when my new one goes out of date ill drop the bomb on the 7000 dollar alienware setup. i put one together last year.... it had a 47 inch plasma monitor.....11000 bux baby! lol if i couldve gotten financing id be on that s**t right now. but my credit blows.

ah well. good for you man enjoy it.

oh and any online games you play? im looking for people to play with when i get my s**t running. im thinking of getting crysis. but not sure. my main buy is gonna be COD4 for now

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well. again.. all these parts have been ordered.. so I will be putting this together as the week progresses.

currently i'm only playing BF2. that'ss pretty much what my current machine can run.
I will get crysis since it's the game of all games.
relad BF2 and try 2142.

i have COD4 for 360.. and I have issues buying things twice.

other than that.. havent been too focused on PC games as my PS3 and 360 are better for gaming than my current PC.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha i typed something about pr0n, but deleted it. you read my mind XD :lol:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have bf2 and 2142. although i havent played bf2 for atleast 6 months. nor 2142. i had to move back in with the rents and havent had a place to setup my comp. but thats changed now. i somehow worked them into borrowing thier monitor and unpluging thier dell and hook my tower in. so i can play on a limited basis. ive been soo f**king bored lately its not funny so i need something to do....

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and any online games you play? im looking for people to play with when i get my s**t running. im thinking of getting crysis. but not sure. my main buy is gonna be COD4 for now
Hit me up if you get COD4, and we'll play together sometime.

I got Crysis to test if my computer could handle it. Beautiful f**king game, but boring as s**t.
Made me happy though, it just barely slows down when I throw in DX10. And I haven't even finished overclocking the GPU yet.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i usually use xfire to play so hit me up on there.... uname is pilotsnakeshit

i wont be able to play till my newegg order comes in though.

man all these people buyong computers now a days. i guess its a good time to buy them. prices must be at thier best? i dunno. i was suprised at what i got for 800 bux

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just got my annual bonus.. that's why i got mines.... but with quad core coming down in price.. and nvidia releasing a budget 8800 card.. why not build anew?