D15 SOHC V-tec turbo in a 2000 si

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we are probably forgetting the most important part. the tune. can have a built motor but a shitty tune equals no good. and built y8 for the win! what im doing too

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
See I have experienced all of this...I boosted my B16 without building 1st. I was told if I keep the boost low (6-8 lbs on the 18G) then I shouldn't have any problems. The shop I had do the work and "tune" it turned out to be a bad decision. I drovfe the car about a week and could def tell something was wrong. Took it to a different shop with a better reputation and they saw tons of things that were half assed or they just didn't know any better + the tune was baaaad. The fixed the issues and tuned it well. About 6 months later I noticed a smoking issue and the smoke went from bad to worse, kwik. I parked the car to take it easy but would start it from time to time to keep things movin. Well, one day it sounded like I had one gnarly ass cam. Thank god I have a flatbed, took it to my shop and come to find that 1, 3 and 4 cylinders are ok, #2 had 75% leakdown=dead cylinder. Too much compression+ a bad tune=a janked out motor. I am actively pulling my motor now and taking it to Inline Pro as soon as I can get this thing out and they can get it in. The new bottom end will def hold more power, reliably, and they will polish and balance the crank so I won't have to worry too much about that bad boy walkin on me. This bottom end job is gonna be about $2500 or so.....save up and get it done right the first time, or you might have a pissed off wife bitchin about a broke down civic in the driveway!!! lol