D16 Auto to Manual Tranny

Ek_98civicPR

Hey guy's Im a newbie here, just made an account. I currently own a 98' Coupe Civic auto and Im planning on doing a auto to manual swap and want to go on the right path. Since I was making sure anybody already made a thread about this my questions are: What are the parts necessary for the swap? How long does it takes? And whats the best tranny for D16? Thanks for your time :D

civicspencer

Registered VIP
Ya a lot of people have done it, just do some searching Round from what I hear it's pretty easy besides the wiring. Goodlck
And let's see some pics and a mod list.

Ek_98civicPR

Ya a lot of people have done it, just do some searching Round from what I hear it's pretty easy besides the wiring. Goodlck
And let's see some pics and a mod list.
Yeah thanks for the help & support. I will post picts of the progress. Definitely it's going to start after January because Im in the process on moving by Dec with my wife but stay tuned.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The biggest pain in the ass is doing the pedals, other than that it's not too bad. When I did it, I was swapping the motor as well so wiring might be a pain but it's very doable.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Transmission wise I would go with the s 40b000 can buy one rebuilt from synchrotech on Ebay they will help you out on your pick