D16Y8 PCV Valve Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Learn

5+ Year Member
very well done, this post brought me to this site and I registered mainly because of your work on this.

Thanks and I hope to return the favor someday.

lrivera127

5+ Year Member
CRAP!!!!!!!! I tried this and half the valve stood stuck in the black box so i tried to get it out and it broke into pieces and fell in the box. What do I do?! Can i just install the new one and keep driving?

daveimme

5+ Year Member
MY MECHANIC WAS CHANGING THE PCV VALVE ON MY CAR YESTERDAY AND A SMALL PART FELL INTO SINCE IT WAS SO CRACKED AND DRY....

iS THIS HARMFUL? i'M NOT EVEN SURE WHERE THAT PIECE ENDED UP, BUT MY MECHANIC TOLD ME IT WONT HURT ANYTHING.

COMMENTS??

Beej

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hate to bring this old thread up again, but I'm having major major problems with this. My pcv valve snapped in half and now the one half is stuck in the black box with no parts of it hanging out to grab on to or anything. What the hell should I do, I've been trying to get it out for over 3 hours now. Seriously, I don't know what to do.

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
I feel your pain.

CRAP!!!!!!!! I tried this and half the valve stood stuck in the black box so i tried to get it out and it broke into pieces and fell in the box. What do I do?! Can i just install the new one and keep driving?
A 15 min job took like 3 hrs. If it got stuck in there it is because the plastic is rotted. My car had the original valve from manufacture. That one 155000 miles ago. It was so old and cemented to the rubber on the hole that I wound up getting a good pair of needle nose pliers. and picking out the pieced from the hole. So I feel your pain. To anyone reading this. Replace it now!! It will save you alot of headache in the future...

Babybuddha

5+ Year Member
96 Civic PCV valve change.

Thanks for your great pics and instructions. Following your instructions and pictures, I managed to change my PCV valve in 20 minutes. Not only does my 96 civic idles smoothly now but the gas mileage just went through the roof.

Thanks again, maybe you should write an instruction manual!

honda_civic_lx

5+ Year Member
my pcv valve

hey guys..what could be making a spark plug wire from the 2 nd plug only be popping off now ?? i put it on and u can feel it kinda catch but then it pops off after u get the rpms from 2-6,000..i just wanted to know hwta u guys think can be causing this...someone told me it is the pcv valve thats making the wire pop off now..if anyone knows bout this please let me know what could be causing this to happen alot

jb0ne

Banned
oh and i talked to a honda guy and he said that black box is self contained (does not lead to crank case/vital internals) and it IS okay to just put your NEW valve in. (even tho there are some pieces of the old one) just make sure you can get your new valve in there properly and try to get as much of the broken one out as possible.

acecivic101

5+ Year Member
Did this on my d16y7 today.. you can deff do it from up top easily by dismounting the bracket on the intake manifold that holds the throttile cable right before the throttle body.. also remove the throttle cble from the the throttle body. This leaves you a nice empty gap between the runners of the intake manifold to get your hand in and maneuver.

ProVic

5+ Year Member
hey guys. I just did this on my car and i have the same problems like other people here. The rock hard grommet is inside the black box. I was wonder if there was a way to get into the black box? remove the entire manifold? btw. MAN, pcv valve sure makes a major difference. it would be even better if i remove that grommet.

Status
Not open for further replies.