d16y8 to b18b1

michilson

D16Y8 TO B18B1 Swap Please Help

Just one final check?

Do I have to remove all of the Wiring harness from the Civic and replace it with the complete harness from the integra?

Or will my OBD2 harness thats in the engine bay of my civic except all of the plugs on the new B18b1 motor?

I cant throw any cel! needs to be a complete install

I have it up on jack stands and have the old motor almost ready to pull out I am ordering the new JDM motor friday and want to make sure i have everything i need.

I am getting a complete swap kit that should be coming with all the mounts and harnesses.

Is there anything I should replace or check while I have the B18b1 out? Like timing belt? Water Pump? sensors?

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll try to post pics as it comes apart!

I'll be using the Integra headers now correct? I need to order a set?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just one final check?

Do I have to remove all of the Wiring harness from the Civic and replace it with the complete harness from the integra?
No. You can use your civic harness

Or will my OBD2 harness thats in the engine bay of my civic except all of the plugs on the new B18b1 motor?
Correct

I cant throw any cel! needs to be a complete install

I have it up on jack stands and have the old motor almost ready to pull out I am ordering the new JDM motor friday and want to make sure i have everything i need.

I am getting a complete swap kit that should be coming with all the mounts and harnesses.

Is there anything I should replace or check while I have the B18b1 out? Like timing belt? Water Pump? sensors?
Check the timing belt, if its cracked or worn looking, replace it along with the water pump. also check the valve cover gasket, spark plug seals, cam seal, etc.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll try to post pics as it comes apart!

I'll be using the Integra headers now correct? I need to order a set? Yes any B series header

michilson

OKay lets check all the lists once again..

D16y8 & Trans come out of a 97 honda civic ex

Engine Mounts can be reused except for the rear Trans mount which needs to be from a civic SI?

Power Steering Pump needs to be transfered off the Civic motor to the B18B1,

The AC Braket from a 94-97 Del sol needs to be swapped in for the AC compressor

A Slim Fan and the SI Raditor hoses.

Civic SI Heater Core Hoses

Replace the Hydro Clutch with a ACT Clutch

Repalce timing Belt, Water Pump, And Cam Gears,

Replace valve cover gasket, Cam Seal, And Spark Plug Seals,

Swap out Civic axles for the LS integra ones.

and Wire Ls Integra ECU into the Harness for the Civic?

Swap out the Civic Throttle Cable for the LS integra cable.

Use Civic SI Headers

And Im off to the races? Correct?