debadge failed

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
totally effed up the back of my car. got all the adhesive off but in the process i left chips in the paint that happen to be in the shape of "EX". just thought you guys ought to know. let this be a warning to anyone else who is thinking about debadging

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Owned. I would love to hear how you managed to do that.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what were you "debadging" with? a chisel?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How the hell do you chip the paint when all you're doing is removing double sided tape?

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
probably used a razor blade and chipped it to f**k. fail :thumbdown
ding ding ding we have a winner

i got tired of trying to get it off with my fingernail so after about 15-20 minutes of that i resorted to the razorblade and it all came right off with the help of a little rubbing compound. unfornately it did some damage as well (the razorblade)

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That would be the reason why they make adhessive remover...WOW...

mad-head

5+ Year Member
nail vanish remover is good for getting adhesive off mate, you should have asked someone, its kind of obvious if you use a blade your likely to damage your paint

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when I took the civic off the back of my car it didn't come off good either, and I used goof off it just looked like a totally different color underneath

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when I took the civic off the back of my car it didn't come off good either, and I used goof off it just looked like a totally different color underneath
that's just because your paint was faded though, if you're going to debadge it's better to do it sooner than later.

As for the OP, wow, that's like the ClubCIvic version of America's Dumbest Criminals

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
ill invest in the some goo-gone or something when i go to take the civic badge off
Yeah dude, better save up, that stuff is expensive.....

JP man, that sucks that you fuxored the back of your ride up. Dental floss to pull the badge off and then goo-gone or nail polish remover (just don't leave it on too long). Live and learn though. I can't tell you how many times I've f**ked up something obvious on my car that I shouldn't have.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You sir deserve the retard of the year.

squiblycivic

5+ Year Member
who goes at there cars paint with a razor?
thats the way i debaged mine too. lol but i soaked it in adhesive remover and went really slow. then i just rubbed the rest of the adhesive with rubbing compound. razorblade for the loss

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No one has said heat gun yet...

Heat gun + adhesive remover + floss + patience.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No one has said heat gun yet...

Heat gun + adhesive remover + floss + patience.
Has anyone also not said your sig is too big?

Anyways, razor blade is major fail. I used dental floss and a hair dryer to get mine off. Then used my thumb to get the excess adhesive off. Then used rubbing compound to get the outline out. Then used Meguiars Polishing Wax to give it a nice shine without going all out with a full wax job just for a tiny 4x4in space.