del sol > evo

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rex_si i would hope he knew since he challenged me. plus he did stay right with me till about 120 (not far behind) if he didnt know then hes a crazy person. lol

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude ill take ur word for it... its possible, congradulations

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not gonna doubt anything, cuz people dont really know what happened. but id would love to video of it. and if u did win against an evo, mad props for u. not so del_slow anymore are we..

civic_tuner_182

MINE IS FASTER
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude...u gotta be shittin me, u expect a forum full of honda owners that know what hondas have and what they dont have to believe u when u say that u spanked and evo by three car lengths......we not stupid

islander27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn congrats if ya beat an evo....but some videos will help.....

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I beat a viper lastnight by 4 car lengths!!!

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna post videos as soon as rob and i get out there and race. and as far as a forum of people who know what hondas are capable of, maybe you should think about that, if you do know then it should be obvious that hondas are the best when at higher RPM's, so if i started in vtec then theres no reason that i wouldnt have the power. and also, if you know anything about AWD youd know that when climbing t higher speeds they have a harder time. the reason they run an awsome 1/4 is because they get up to speed realy fast, run a full mile with an evo or a WRX and youll see what im talking about.
the only reason hondas are as slow as they are is because they are torquless and lack all forums of power at lower RPM's. heres a good way to look at it

the s2000 makes more hp then the srt-4 but the srt-4 esstablishes its power at about 2800 RPM's where as the s2000 has to get all the way up to about 5000 RPM's in order to make good power. on a full mile the s2000 would catch back up to the srt and win, but on the 1/4 the srt will be able to esstablish power faster and get out of the whole in less time

as far as every one who is at least supporting even if they do doubt me, thanks. to all the others..... your not doing anything but making an ass of yourselves because your hands-down saying that the truth is a lie, id like to thank you for proving your ignorance.

HS-POKEY

My suitcase was vibrating
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hummm........................i get smoked by evo's but that is from a dead stop....never tried a fast top end run.......i shall try wit the hatchie and let you guys know what happens...

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16_delslow said:
as far as every one who is at least supporting even if they do doubt me, thanks. to all the others..... your not doing anything but making an ass of yourselves because your hands-down saying that the truth is a lie, id like to thank you for proving your ignorance.
No you got it al wonrg. I guess you cant understand the fact that a b16 will not and can not beat an EVO unless your cars engine was built or you were pushing a s**t load of boost. He either didnt want to waste his gas by passing you are he really wasnt racing or maybe he was just playing with you to give you a boost of confidence.

I mean all your doing is making yourself look like a fool. Your arguing with 95% of the people on the thread saying were ignorant etc...

Oh yeah and vtec < boost, they are not even comparible. Vtec isnt s**t compared to a boosted car. Tourqe = power, something hondas dont really have which you stated already.

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i totaly agree with that, but AWD still has a weak top end. i think thaty had he of continued past 120 he wouldve killed me, because the honda is best between about 45-120. before that its weak, above that its slow.

if he wasnt racing he wouldnt of challenged me, if he wasnt trying he wouldve done better the second time.

samad

boosteD15b vtec
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i dont know if this is true or not but if u say it is than i believe u but jus post a vid up or somethin cuz i had to giv pics of my turbo setup jus to prove i hav one n that shut everybody on that thread up.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
StanghaterCivic said:
Evo's r slow stock..its all i gotta say
What drugs are you smoking thats slowing down your vision.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mattmob said:
Sorry but im calling bullshit on this. Unless your boosted to hell or you have a built motor, there is no way in f**king hell you beat an EVO in a heavy B16 Del Sol. Even with 3 people in the car, he still would of handed your ass to you on a platnium platter. Or you thought he was racing you when he indeed wasnt.

Stock an EVO is not slow in any form, low end or high end. Those things pull so fast and hard. The EVO tranny is solid.
:werd: what do you got in that del"slow" of yours? a B16 couldnt beat an Evo with 3 people in it i dont think!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
say you did win... that's great! you'll be sure to kick ass the next time your local track holds rolling start races from 70-120mph :roll:

just because you supposedly found the one set of conditions/cirumstances that your b16del sol could accelerate a little bit faster than an evo isnt s**t to brag about... the evo ownz your delsol... you're like it's indentured servent

Last edited:

ner0x

SOHC MY DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
speaking of del sols i met this guy today with a red del sol... type r engine, type r rims, full body kit it was siccck. he was in front of my school he said he was in import tuner a couple months ago. i duno but it's badass

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most hondas especial from a 1.6liter. freeway racing sucks. the bigger motor has the advantage at high milage. if you take 2 car with the same or close 1/4 mile. if you take it freeway racing..and take it pass 100mph.. the bigger liter engine will win...especially from a evo, bigger motor and more power..is a killer over a b16 on the freeway.

EXcon279

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats kinda hard to belive...those evos are fast as s**t. it was probly the slow ass O.Z one with a wing. my friends gsr gets smoked by his dads wrx, low and high end. i dont think a b16 could take an evo.

EXcon279

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and one of my firends has a delsol with a gsr swap. its not that fast. evos run 19lbs of boost stock. you cant touch that with a b16