del sol > evo

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I wouldnt be too surprised if he was telling the truth....Ive raced many evos at the track, and half of them only run in the 14's.....and if you raced it when they were 4 deep, thats what...like over 450 more pounds....i dont know, Ive seen some quick evos, and some slow ones, so it wouldnt really suprise me. But they WILL get you off the line, you gotta play catch up....you have a better chance from a rolling start, which i think you said that you did

b16_delslow

"THE MAN"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
werd.... id consider 70mph a roll.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no..lol...they are not slow at all....

boi-alien

kouki factory.... soon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm still waiting for this mythical video he claimed he was going to film =)

racerx661

certified pervert
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we werent there, it can be possible, my buddies del sol went 150 mph on the freeway b4 , congrats

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one thing this site has taught me is hondas can beat anything, it doesnt matter how much hp or torque you have, its how loud your cai and muffler are, and that type r grill lets air flow right through so you get at least 8-10 hp, in fact the less horsepower you have the faster you go, my car rules

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
StanghaterCivic said:
dood that freakin stock 3000GT VR-4 aint that fast...im purty sure a boostn Si can beat it and if not prove it
a stock si would be close, a turbod si would beat his ass by a few seconds....no joke

Matt

0_o
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright I can belive this story now. I raced an EVO two weekends ago multiples times on the freeway from various rolls from 60 to 120 then 80 to 120. ALthough I did not beat him, i defenatly hung with im which i was suprised. I guess thier high end isnt all that great.

I have witnesses as well. SeanJohn1802, civic_on_air and LeftLaneBitch all saw it. Now if I only had the juice, I could of beat him. I know it.

I apologize for doubting your story.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe sport compact did an article on this...im trying to remember wayyyy back. I believe they went 50-100 maybe and it was around 13.5 seconds, but later on in the test they did the same thing while building boost and accomplished it in only 8.5 seconds. Which is pretty quick. So if it happend like you said and you both went at the same time and had no time to build any boost i believe ya

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civic21 said:
I believe sport compact did an article on this...im trying to remember wayyyy back. I believe they went 50-100 maybe and it was around 13.5 seconds, but later on in the test they did the same thing while building boost and accomplished it in only 8.5 seconds. Which is pretty quick. So if it happend like you said and you both went at the same time and had no time to build any boost i believe ya
i dont know i dont take my car past 80 because it suspension sucks. But in a crx i beat evo froma stop to 60 by a car length. We ran out of room. I dont know i find it hard to believe that del sol beat a lancer but s**t happens and maybe the guy cant drive. So if you did do it good kill just kind of ubelieveable .

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
josh austin said:
i dont know i dont take my car past 80 because it suspension sucks. But in a crx i beat evo froma stop to 60 by a car length. We ran out of room. I dont know i find it hard to believe that del sol beat a lancer but s**t happens and maybe the guy cant drive. So if you did do it good kill just kind of ubelieveable .
i believe he said it was from a roll. Evo's arent to strong from a roll like a said in my previous post. I find it hard to believe you beat an evo from a stop even when you say you run 13.7 or something in another thread. AWD>FWD So that evo must of been playing with you.Evo runs 13.8 or so but pulls like hell in that first 60 because awd then tend to weaken.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought evos pulled like a 13.3?

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one time i beat a mclaren... but it was on a windy day, so i dont think it counts.

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mtt311 said:
u sure it was an evo, might have been a rallyart. lol
lol the new ones do look exactly alike, minus the fmic and evolution emblem.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
i be the evo wasnt even trying at all, the guy was probably just cruising...
probably...my brother pulled up to an evo at a light and the evo took off when my brother did....4 people in the evo and it still pulled extremely hard my brother said. powerful son of a b***h!