DIY #2: black interior

brandn3w

5+ Year Member
Definitely bookmarked to do on my next EJ8, but what about the buttons and what not? Even the VIN tag you need to mask, but the buttons I guess stay gray or painted all black?

What do you propose to do about the seatbelts? Perhaps black ones from an Acura maybe?

Bambi_X

5+ Year Member
Ive done the same thing you have.. except i have metalic/silver accentts and i used a satin black.. SEM is a great brand.. and i also used bumper stripper to clean off the old gunk that was on the pieces like 10 yr old armoral lol.. i want to ask you though, how did you take out the dashboard? i have everything painted inside of my car except the dashboard and it looks terrible... i dont want to paint the dashboard while its inside of the car because of wheeper marks

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ive done the same thing you have.. except i have metalic/silver accentts and i used a satin black.. SEM is a great brand.. and i also used bumper stripper to clean off the old gunk that was on the pieces like 10 yr old armoral lol.. i want to ask you though, how did you take out the dashboard? i have everything painted inside of my car except the dashboard and it looks terrible... i dont want to paint the dashboard while its inside of the car because of wheeper marks
holy s**t.

well theres about 10 bolts that hold the dashboard into place...

ill give you a little hint, if you go into the how-to section, then go to the interior section, youll see a write-up called "96-98 to 99-00 climate control conversion". click on that link, and itll tell you exactly what to do to remove your dash...

ToddDaniels

5+ Year Member
hey im going to do this to mine, using black white and blue, its gonna look sweet i have it all photoshoped. ill upload pics here soon. But yours turned out REALLY well. im gonna use dulpicolor i belive, but just a couple things, how do you take out the dash, i dont want to end up breaking the clips that hold it on and the same with the door panals. and did you do the back panals in the back seats? just pm me back please, and if you had pics handy it would help but its really not nessecary, just describe what i have to do and it will be fine, thanks man.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hey im going to do this to mine, using black white and blue, its gonna look sweet i have it all photoshoped. ill upload pics here soon. But yours turned out REALLY well. im gonna use dulpicolor i belive, but just a couple things, how do you take out the dash, i dont want to end up breaking the clips that hold it on and the same with the door panals. and did you do the back panals in the back seats? just pm me back please, and if you had pics handy it would help but its really not nessecary, just describe what i have to do and it will be fine, thanks man.
white and blue in the interior? :shock: bad idea....

if you read the post above yours it gives you an idea how to get to a write up which explains in DETAIL how to take off your dash...and yes i did the rear panels also..and pics of what? all this pics i have are on this thread

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im dying to do this Good luck man it seems like a big project i'll maybe try this when the summertime is almost gone and the weather is still good i want my car to not look mix matched during the summer lol

Monis98

5+ Year Member
Hey, just wanted to see any updates... Any cracks? I love what u did to eat... looks awesome.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no. no cracks...still in good condition. just like the day i did it.