Doin the deed(AT to MA)

mok890

5+ Year Member
So i purchased a manual tranny so i was wondering if somebody could make a list of parts i will need to complete the swap from auto to manual
Also if there is anyone out there who has done this can i have some tipps?
Its going to be done in a 99 civic Ex coupe
Thanks"

shamoneyef9

5+ Year Member
master cylinder slave cylinder
pedals
hydrolic lines
clutch kit
axels
shift linkage
and some wire to reconnect the revese lights
the rear transmission mount and bracket
and the side transmission mount
good luck

boricuacvc

El Gistro Mami!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck. i did mine in my garage. it wasnt that bad

greycoupe

5+ Year Member
im stiillll slacking on my swap still driving around with the tranny feeling like its gonna just fall out lm missing the tranny, the computer, the clutch kit and the starter

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, too much trouble for MT.
Think so? Well, I KNOW its not. Your probably one of those people who buys everything and paying a shop to install it all, instead of building it and doing it yourself.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Think so? Well, I KNOW its not. Your probably one of those people who buys everything and paying a shop to install it all, instead of building it and doing it yourself.
heck yeah. we're talking 'bout tranny here. that thing is heavy like mother f*cker. it aint like push & pop. if it's that easy, i'll open my own shop right now.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly the trans inst heavy. The auto is quite a bit heavier then the manual but still not to heavy to lift.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heck yeah. we're talking 'bout tranny here. that thing is heavy like mother f*cker. it aint like push & pop. if it's that easy, i'll open my own shop right now.
Seriously? If you cant lift a 5spd D-Series engine, you need to go to the gym. I can do a 5spd swap in a day (if everything goes right). Its not hard.....

mok890

5+ Year Member
It really should'nt be that bad -
the tranny isnt heavy someone just needs to man up.
But thanks for the info guys-
having a car lift and an amzing shopp it should only take me 4 hours at the most then ill be mt soon to be turbo:D