Dome Light

Jolting

So I have my dome light set to automatic. When I open my drivers door it doesn't turn on. It works for every other door. I even swapped the switch on the door around with one that I know works and it still doesn't work on the drivers door. (The Door I swapped it with still works even after the swap) If I leave the key in or the lights on, it makes the dinging noise still. Once in a blue moon it will work properly but soon as I reopen the door it stops again. Is there some plug that could be loose?

Side note does anyone have a diagram showing where the ignition harness is. (Some diagram of the harness its self that tells me what each wire does would be great too) I'm hooking up an after market alarm, and I'm not sure where I should splice the wires for it. Right now I have the 12v and ignition from the radio, but if there is somehing unrelated to the radio, that would be great.

UPDATE
Here is a little update on this. I just installed a brighter led bulb. When the drivers door is open, the light is on but barely. If I open up any other doors it brightens up to where it is suppose to be. So my driver door is giving a low voltage for some reason. Any ideas?

Brando312

5+ Year Member
You checked all of the wiring?

Jolting

I don't actually know where to look. I've never pulled off the paneling on that side. I was wondering where some connectors might be for me chase down.

-93CivicSi-

Sounds like there is a malfunction in the door itself, and it isn't triggering the light properly, Im not sure exactly how that works, but maybe whatever triggers the light is faulty somehow. Dig deeper.

Jolting

Here is a little update on this. I just installed a brighter led bulb. When the drivers door is open, the light is on but barely. If I open up any other doors it brightens up to where it is suppose to be. So my drivers door is giving a low voltage for some reason. Any ideas?

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like a connection problem at the dome light....Pop the lens off and remove the mounting bolts....Check contacts and wiring.... Also, here is a great site for you....Click

Jolting

That doesn't exactly have the wiring I'm looking for. It shows me Alarms/Radios/Cruise. But not what I'm actually looking for. Also, wouldn't the dome light not work properly for all of the doors if the connection was loose by the dome light? Does anyone know where the location is that all of the doors sensors meet up and is outputted to the dome light its self?

cobb2819

it sounds like a bad ground at the door trigger itself in the door jamb. the switch it located around the vin plate and paint code area. the location they meet up is typically at the BCM or fuse box.