1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Duralast Gold battery.... Any feedback?

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by dorcus, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. dorcus

dorcus Old Fucker

I am looking for a replacement battery for the cheap one that is in my car at the moment. I came across the Duralast Gold and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this battery. Thank you for any feedback.

2. Mr. Jollypants

Mr. Jollypants Mr. Fucking Jollypants Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I run it in the Dodge, no problems with it. Get's the job done.

3. dorcus

dorcus Old Fucker

Is there something better for the money? I'm open to suggestions

4. leothelion

leothelion d:p Registered VIP

INTERSTATE BATTERY!!!!! FTW!!!!! idk. i have gone to interstate, and durallast, they are about the same, but interstate battery is just soo slick and smooth with there warranty and everything, they install it free, and everything. not that you need help installing it but, its nice cuz they do load tests and all that junk. and if it breaks or dies, they replace it free, no questions, no hassles.

5. MSHU37

MSHU37 New Member

i used to work at the zone so heres the skinny: gold has the best warranty (3yr free replacement, 7 yr pro rated) and CCA rating...theyre really good with the warranty just make sure you check the battery to see if its cracked or anything...the distribution center likes to send some leaking. but theyll do the job just fine. its not a performance battery like an optima, although there is the new AGM duralast platinums that use the same tech...just overpriced.

6. Mr. Jollypants

Mr. Jollypants Mr. Fucking Jollypants Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

The warranty is what sold me. Our last battery, a Duralast, finally crapped out on us. We didn't know it had a warranty, brought the price of the Duralast Gold down from 70something to 40something.

7. dorcus

dorcus Old Fucker

What is a performance battery? Isn't that just for cars with systems?

8. lowlife9

lowlife9 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

interstate,diehard,optima,duralast,kirkland, and motorcraft are all made by the same company johnson control. duralast is the best battery you can get for the price.

9. MSHU37

MSHU37 New Member

no theyre deep cycling batteries for like high-torque starters in race cars with big v8's and such, also marine applications. they have a high reserve capacity as well.

long story short: our hondas are fine with regular batteries, even the fully built ones

i notice alot of people on forums think the duralast is performance lol, but theyre great batteries regardless

10. TigBitties

TigBitties Frame Bangin Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

i love my yellow top, i abuse it and it likes it

11. k20civ87

k20civ87 New Member

i work for interstate battery there reallly good for the money plus the warrenty is unbeatable. what kinda car i could give to a price right now if ya want

12. dorcus

dorcus Old Fucker

already got the Gold and I like it. Thanks, anyway

13. iluvpho

iluvpho New Member 5+ Year Member

works like a champ..

14. Detroit ricer

Detroit ricer New Member

yea i have that battery worl=ks nice i always leave my stereo on 1hour+ with the car turned off and so far has worked perfect even in freezing michigan weather , Duralast gold