Dynamatting the whole interior.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So recently I have been thinkking of stripping down my interior and putting Dynamat Xtreme for a quieter ride and more lux i guess. Anybody think this might be worth it?? Anybody know anybody that has done it to their cars??? Input Plz.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
from what i hear that stuff is pretty expensive. I dont know anyone who has done it but I think it may be worth it tho. Sounds like a good idea to me.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ebay has 36 sq ft bulk packages for about 150. I don't if that would be enough to cover the whole interior.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that would be enough, but again, ive never used it before. im pretty confident it will be a nice addition to the ride tho. I mean face it bro you and rufus on azht have the 2 cleanest ive seen in a while. good luck bro keep us updated.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that would be enough, but again, ive never used it before. im pretty confident it will be a nice addition to the ride tho. I mean face it bro you and rufus on azht have the 2 cleanest ive seen in a while. good luck bro keep us updated.
Thanks man. Yea I'll post pics

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
post link .

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the ONLY thing besides price and stuff with this is not being able to hear the things you need to hear. in AZ I cant hear a fire truck or cop coming till they are already on top of me. with radio off and windows up. Fortunatley i always notice them in the mirror or something and im able to let them pass. But just a thought. Cuz tho the hard of hearing thing is partly due to the exhaust, this is just something to consider while doing this

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
post link .
http://cgi.ebay.com/DYNAMAT-EXTREME-10455-Bulk-Pak-Xtreme-Pack-36-SQ-Ft-NEW_W0QQitemZ310061061760QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310061061760&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
ive been thinkin on this also
thats alot of work
Yea it sure does but i have 3 day weekend that is coming up :suprise:
the ONLY thing besides price and stuff with this is not being able to hear the things you need to hear. in AZ I cant hear a fire truck or cop coming till they are already on top of me. with radio off and windows up. Fortunatley i always notice them in the mirror or something and im able to let them pass. But just a thought. Cuz tho the hard of hearing thing is partly due to the exhaust, this is just something to consider while doing this
Yeah i hear what your saying. I don't have a big sistem. Just a 10 and front and back speakers.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Make sure that's quality stuff before you go to all that work Latin!
I know you will.
Sounds like a good idea, I like mine stock though since can't get enough of that sweet little deep exhaust note!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
36sq ft... i think you would have to get maybe 2 of those?

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
try dynamatting the trunk first and see where that gets you. That's a big project to do for just 1 ten. My two tens though kindda drive me nuts. I need to dynamat the trunk too.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have 2 12's in my trunk. ive had them in the before i dynamated my trunk and after. the stuff works my subs sound like they are hitting harder and the trunk doesnt rattle nearly as much as it used to. now im contemplating doing my whole car also. there so much road noise in my civic its ridiculous.

bolah

5+ Year Member
Check this guy out he's the real deal and I've read nothing but great stuff about him and his product and how helpful he is to everyone in the audio competion world. I had my car all stripped out cuz I NEEDED to change the whole stinkin interior, carpet, seats, panels, trunk the whole nine, and I planned to get the stuff and do it, only I found everything I needed for the interior sooner than expected. So I said forget it and just installed everything...now I wish I did it. I still might, and if I do this is the way I'm goin.

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 2 12's in my trunk. ive had them in the before i dynamated my trunk and after. the stuff works my subs sound like they are hitting harder and the trunk doesnt rattle nearly as much as it used to. now im contemplating doing my whole car also. there so much road noise in my civic its ridiculous.
Yeah i just want a quieter ride. We should it together LOL
Check this guy out he's the real deal and I've read nothing but great stuff about him and his product and how helpful he is to everyone in the audio competion world. I had my car all stripped out cuz I NEEDED to change the whole stinkin interior, carpet, seats, panels, trunk the whole nine, and I planned to get the stuff and do it, only I found everything I needed for the interior sooner than expected. So I said forget it and just installed everything...now I wish I did it. I still might, and if I do this is the way I'm goin.

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi
Thanks for the link.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i was gonna do this because of my exhaust but that GReddy fixed that right up
now i need to get rid of road noise, so you do it first latin and let me know if its worth it :lol: