Dynamatting the whole interior.

nyghtryder

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is my personal favorite. im going to be using the rattle trap inside the entire car. they claim 100 sq ft will do an entire car. i am considering doubling up under the floor as well as doors to reduce as much road noise as possible. entire project will be under 300.

http://stores.ebay.com/Noise-Killers-Sound-Control

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can get sound deadener in a can, a lot of hot rod guys use it, used it on my mustang, theres a little bit of a difference, and i don't have any of my interior pieces in yet except for one seat, so you know that just the spray works at least a little bit. their like 5 bucks a can tops, i sprayed my engine bay, whole interior up to the headliner, and trunk with 2 1/2 cans.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My only concern is that I was told by a few people that dynamat adds a lot of weight. I'm not sure if weight is even a concern for you, but it might be something to research.
it does add alot of weight. the box alone weighs almost 15 pounds if not more, and i think the box i was looking at only did like 20 cubic ft. take a look at the spray. much cheaper, a lot less weight. the cans don't even weigh a pound. it might not work as good as dynamat, but it's a good alternative for price and weight.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id like to know if its worth it too. i saw a few muscle car guys do it. and it looked like it didnt do much for me. but. maybe its just the amount of rumble the whole car and exhaust makes.
trust me, theres nothing that can take the rattle out of most muscle cars. it's how their built and the type of exhaust. you guys are lucky with the exhaust you are running. even something with like a 3 1/2 inch can isn't going to amount to a 2 1/2" flowmaster system. not to mention theres basically nothing between you and the engine. the firewall does nothing for noise. it does work on imports. you just have to do it right. they make special door panels too, their a litlte more expensive since it's basically cutting out the hardest part of the work which is going around all the crap on the door, but it's worth it.
search enough, and you'll find a good knock off to dynamat that works just fine for the cost.

EM2FOO

5+ Year Member
spray on stuff suck in my experiance. never dries all the way and is like tar behind the door panels when you need in there to work. i currently have my whole trunk dynamatted and love it. i will be doing the whole car soon.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I apologize for reviving an old thread but I put sound deadening material in this weekend. From what I can tell it is a quieter ride, hard to tell at low city speeds that it made a difference but on freeway/highway it is much more noticeable. My doors don't rattle and overall the car feels sturdier. I still have to do the trunk.

Sorry I dont have more pics than that, I didnt really think I would post em

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How long did it take you to do the whole interior?

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It took me about 4 hours (including reasembly). I had 60 sq. ft of coverage, might be a little short when it comes to doing the trunk. If ur expecting a large decibel reduction u may be disappointed with the results, but if ur looking to eliminate the rattles that are associated with a 10 year old car then...

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeh I bought a knock-off (Ballistic) and was told that it would accomplish the same thing. The big selling point was that it was cheap I picked up all of it for $175

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn brother looks good, i wish i had seats and we could put my old ones in ur car will the interior was gutted

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn brother looks good, i wish i had seats and we could put my old ones in ur car will the interior was gutted
I agree...they were easy enough to take out but I'm still sliding all over the place with those damn stock seats

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah its pretty expensive espeacially to do your whole car. i just did it in my trunk and its cost me 50 bucks and i was only able to do the the arear where the spare tire is and the bottom side of the trunk hatch i dident notice any difference at all. cut the hall out of my fingers putting that crap on though.
but anyways naw dont do it its not worth it,

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha all this talk and you still havent done it?
HAHA. Yup. Im the lazy. But now the weather is getting cooler so I just might do it.
It took me about 4 hours (including reasembly). I had 60 sq. ft of coverage, might be a little short when it comes to doing the trunk. If ur expecting a large decibel reduction u may be disappointed with the results, but if ur looking to eliminate the rattles that are associated with a 10 year old car then...
Good to know. I hate rattles. :lol:

Bheims

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah its pretty expensive espeacially to do your whole car. i just did it in my trunk and its cost me 50 bucks and i was only able to do the the arear where the spare tire is and the bottom side of the trunk hatch i dident notice any difference at all. cut the hall out of my fingers putting that crap on though.
but anyways naw dont do it its not worth it,
so no difference in the trunk huh? I may still do it bc i have extra...and because I'm hoping that will fix the last rattle I have (its either the trunk latch or that stupid particle board/cardboard that covers my spare tire)

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yepp i did it beacuse i had a axleback exhaust that rattled.:/

dident do any good. and now my bass sounds all concealed. : l
which sucks.

so i took the axle back off and put stock back on and now i have no rattle.
but now i also have concealed bass : l