Easy Badge Removal

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Be sure not to mess up mom's blow dryer, if it's like my mom's those things are a good 50-100 bucks.

raz21

5+ Year Member
works very well. I did this also and it came out very clean. i took off all badges except the honda logo on the tunk lid. still debating that one

raz21

5+ Year Member
terceltyler said:
expect 2 hole when you remove the H man
oh for real? dang i didnt even think of that. good thing i didnt sart doing it then. nice save thanks:P

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've said a few tiems to use a hair dryer...
99EBPSi said:
Be sure not to mess up mom's blow dryer, if it's like my mom's those things are a good 50-100 bucks.
Dude.. wtf kind of blow dryer is your mom using? Those things cost maybe $15-30 for a decent one. I think mine cost maybe $20 and I've had it problem free for maybe 2-3 years.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Lol....umm Ion something something, belive I saw a 45 dollar tag on it, but we get s**t discounted cause we are teh special?

NOFX, how you feel about plastic razorblades...I work at a new car dealership we use them to remove adhesive, but new cars also have lots o lots of clearcoat.

rolakers

Milkman Insane
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
niiiiiiice, that would have saved me a couple of hours 2 years ago. I picked it all off with my nails just like the guy was saying

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
99EBPSi said:
Lol....umm Ion something something, belive I saw a 45 dollar tag on it, but we get s**t discounted cause we are teh special?

NOFX, how you feel about plastic razorblades...I work at a new car dealership we use them to remove adhesive, but new cars also have lots o lots of clearcoat.
Haha, yeah, I think my hair dryer also has one of those Ion things with it too. Supposed to make your hair shinier and all. :roll:

Plasticrazor blades are safe... of course new clean ones. I actually keep a few at home and use them at work occasionally too.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Even on older paint jobs with low/no clear? I've heard my car may not even be cleared, but another finish from the factory

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your car still has clearcoat. It doesn't just disappear for no reason (or because of age). You know when you see a car with stuff peeling off of it? That's clearcoat failure. Wax car disappear... not clearcoat (not unless badly mistreated.

If your car is no longer shiny and deep, it needs a good full detail. It can end up looking new or close to new. See my car? It has original paint and the clearcoat is fine.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
I do detail work out of my garage, make good money, but I was told that my car may not be cleared, there is another finish I have heard of on older cars. Maybe 96-

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Older cars have single stage enamels. Your car does not have that. Your paint is a clearcoat. Honda almost only uses clearcoat paints and have been since at least the fourth gen Civic.

Some Toyota blacks aren't clearcoated even today, but that's an exception to the rule. Almost any modern car has a clearcoat paint job.

All 6th gen Civic paints (stock) are clearcoated. Including EBP.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where can i get that? hardware store? autoparts store?
i wish i knew about that before i took a real razor blade to my car to remove my decals...

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Probably a place where tools are sold. In the same department as metal.

Or that pic is from a store, right click and follow url.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
alright so i have a problem.. my special edition was on crooked so i decided to take it off.. i did everything right but the adhesive is still there.. ive tried blow drying until it got real hot, barely comes off.. then i tried goooo gone and some came off. as of right now ITS STILL THERE.. any tips?