ECU resets every time car is shut off

RonJ

Banned
Ok i have a question. I see that there is an issue pointing to Blown 7.5 fuse.. Will having a blown fuse hinder performance? the numb nut who wired the radio in the car wired the main power to the back up line.. ex: Radio resets every time i turn the car off.. If i put in the back up fuse (7.5) the radio doesnt shut off. my ECU was chipped, i dont know with what.. need to check on that.

Is it causing performance issues by not having the backup fuse in?
Yes, you need the Back Up fuse installed because, without it, the ECU has no memory and relies on preset values. This causes performance problems.

The solution is simple. Rewire the radio correctly. The Back Up wire is currently spliced to the wire that should get voltage from the ignition switch.

IlDuce

Ok so after i rewire the radio, and put the fuse in.. does it need to be retuned/reprogrammed or will it be good to go?

IlDuce

ECU says "P75" but I have some weird thin black box on top of it.. any idea what that could be? looks like something is piggybacked seems to have a thick harness plugged into it.. it has no writing on it though.

RonJ

Banned
ECU says "P75" but I have some weird thin black box on top of it.. any idea what that could be? looks like something is piggybacked seems to have a thick harness plugged into it.. it has no writing on it though.
Give some information about your car and also post pictures of the ECU and black box.