eg coupe front bumper into eg sedan

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not all that hard all you have to do is cit the edge sticking out on the black splasher under the front of the car and also cut the edge off the metal bumper frame then when you put the front end on strech the bottom alil to make it fit in n you might have to make new holes on the coupe bumper to make it fit the sedan fenders,then ur good to go! =)
u serious??

emanuera

5+ Year Member
Hey dude. Have you heard of cutting and welding the front half of the coupe/hatch fender to the rear half of the sedan fender? It is apparently the most effective way of achieving this conversion, professional help is recommended as it is quite technical but results are nothing short of PURFECT. You are going to need a set of hatch fenders and a set of sedan fenders as well. Coupe bumper, coupe/hatch corner lights (to fit the front half of the coupe/hatch fenders) and you can use a sedan hood. Radiator support stays the same. The weld is right at the top of the arch of the fender.
I have talked to floored4door and 93civicsedan from Honda-Tech who have completed this:

floored4door

93civicsedan before (with just coupe/hatch bumper)

93civicsedan after (with modified fenders, hatch bumper and coupe/hatch corner lights)

There are numerous ways of completing this conversion, but I have found this is the cleanest and most OEM looking method. Using modified hatch/sedan fenders, the fender and bumper lines are smooth and even along the wheel arch (notice floored4door) which is impossible to achieve by just using the hatch bumper alone because the hatch bumper lines are much thicker than the sedan fender lines. Also if you notice the 93civicsedan before shot, the sedan corner lights on the drivers side do not sit even and protrude from the hatch bumper as opposed to the after shot. IMHO if you're going to do it, do it right, This conversion looks AWESOME done properly and usually people only hate when it's not done right.
GL with it bro, hope this helps :thumbs up

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey dude. Have you heard of cutting and welding the front half of the coupe/hatch fender to the rear half of the sedan fender? It is apparently the most effective way of achieving this conversion, professional help is recommended as it is quite technical but results are nothing short of PURFECT. You are going to need a set of hatch fenders and a set of sedan fenders as well. Coupe bumper, coupe/hatch corner lights (to fit the front half of the coupe/hatch fenders) and you can use a sedan hood. Radiator support stays the same. The weld is right at the top of the arch of the fender.
I have talked to floored4door and 93civicsedan from Honda-Tech who have completed this:

floored4door

93civicsedan before (with just coupe/hatch bumper)

93civicsedan after (with modified fenders, hatch bumper and coupe/hatch corner lights)

There are numerous ways of completing this conversion, but I have found this is the cleanest and most OEM looking method. Using modified hatch/sedan fenders, the fender and bumper lines are smooth and even along the wheel arch (notice floored4door) which is impossible to achieve by just using the hatch bumper alone because the hatch bumper lines are much thicker than the sedan fender lines. Also if you notice the 93civicsedan before shot, the sedan corner lights on the drivers side do not sit even and protrude from the hatch bumper as opposed to the after shot. IMHO if you're going to do it, do it right, This conversion looks AWESOME done properly and usually people only hate when it's not done right.
GL with it bro, hope this helps :thumbs up

This is great help, thanx man. It takes away all my doubts of why it looks sooo damn clean, unfourtunately i dont have the skilld and im not willin to spend so much money on this car as this is just a daily driver. Got the whole idea of fixing up cuz of the hook up i got with the paint job. I guess im going with stock bumper and just a front lip.

emanuera

5+ Year Member
Good choice.... You know a sedan bumper with a EG9 lip or mugen replica can look just as clean. EK sedan sideskirts seem to be quite popular as well, and they look HOT! Either way PLEASE fix that fender ;)

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thought i post a lil preview

tail lights are out for some red/smoked ones, and i cant make up my mind on black housin projectors or jdm style headlights......????

im throwin some yellow fog lights n side markers, thanx for the help guys.

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Damn, what rear lip and sideskirts are those? Nice.
:google:

nah im jp, type r style rear lip and one word .........ebay

search: 95 civic 4dr jdm sideskirts lol

btw whats up with club civic against projector h.l.???

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk, there ok, i just like the amber corners more
lol just asking man

i ordered both anyway :???:

i know the amber corners will flow better with the side markers n fogs but idk something i like about the projectors.

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can anybody make me a new sign? ill give $5 paypal ...lol

anyways heres some pics, havent installed the new head or tail lights yet

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im close by turlock out in the cuts :shock: i hate it cuz i have to drive 15 minutes to even go anywhere
wbu man?

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im close by turlock out in the cuts :shock: i hate it cuz i have to drive 15 minutes to even go anywhere
wbu man?
lol i know what u mean..

actually im pretty close by man, the bathrooms as u may know los banos...

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol the bathrooms :rolf:
never been there man.
but yea i kno where its at. u live in the cuts? or?

honda209

CCSC # 8
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn this old thread lol

neway heres one of the most recent pics, didnt know how ugly the projectors actually were until i installed this ones...

BEFORE

AFTER

stick to sedan parts, even the hood = | ..... mine is not flush cuz i used a 2 door one

some nice 16" rims anyone? gsr blades???

emanuera

5+ Year Member
That looks tight dude. CLEAN.
Your bumper looks lonely.... Some foglights would look mad jdm.
Keep up the good work