EG-Owns You Build Thread

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Really sucks on the motor. That is how my built Ls/vtec was, same problem. But did quite well, ran a 13.5 on street tires at 105 mph. Gsr trans too, no Lsd. What numbers did you put down?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea you mind to tell us what you made? Im curious. You could have done a K swap for 7500 and made 230 pretty easily. With awesome torque.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea you mind to tell us what you made? Im curious. You could have done a K swap for 7500 and made 230 pretty easily. With awesome torque.
Made 204 hp and 150 flb sum s**t ass numbers for what was put into the motor and now the car is at onesix he keeps telling me that its nothing the machine shop did or nothing he did im like that's kinda bull since it had 11 percent leak int he first cylinder and it was the best the worst was 15 percent leak. it should be around 5 percent leak for a brand new motor and the compression has been crazy across the board 275. 265. 285 292
was the compression no numbers are even close to the same and i have 13.5 to 1 comp pistons milled block and head with skunk 2 high comp valves not very happy at all and now im going to wait like 7 months before i even get my car back from onesix cuz mark is a slow ass fool when it comes to anything

im pretty fed up with onesix motorsports at this point

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Made 204 hp and 150 flb sum s**t ass numbers for what was put into the motor and now the car is at onesix he keeps telling me that its nothing the machine shop did or nothing he did im like that's kinda bull since it had 11 percent leak int he first cylinder and it was the best the worst was 15 percent leak. it should be around 5 percent leak for a brand new motor and the compression has been crazy across the board 275. 265. 285 292
was the compression no numbers are even close to the same and i have 13.5 to 1 comp pistons milled block and head with skunk 2 high comp valves not very happy at all and now im going to wait like 7 months before i even get my car back from onesix cuz mark is a slow ass fool when it comes to anything

im pretty fed up with onesix motorsports at this point
yea definitely too low, I know a guy with a gsr block with no milling on a gsr head with 12.whatev to 1 and made 213. less tq but more power and yours is alot higher, obviously. They're not gonna do anything for you?

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea definitely too low, I know a guy with a gsr block with no milling on a gsr head with 12.whatev to 1 and made 213. less tq but more power and yours is a lot higher, obviously. They're not gonna do anything for you?
onesix is saying everything is fine witch i can not believe that for a second the thing barley idles it keeps going threw spark plugs and the tune and everything is fine i have a wideband o2 as well everything checks to be fine i think he orders the wrong pistons and there not what the compression he says they are. the head and block were milled all the clearances were checked but the scrub ass machine shop that did my motor doesn't have any recodes of any clearance numbers at all

Last edited:

Radyjr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sucks, i would be p-off if i put all that money and the results are no where close to what i wanted.... Hopefully you can find out what the problem is, Keep your head up....

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get ahold of the better buisness berou (spell check) I had a problem when i got my tranny replaced on my tibby, The reciepts said 3 month warrenty, nothing else specified. When it started grinding 2 months later i went in and they said only the tranny was covered, not labor. They wanted to charge me $750 for labor so i called BBB and they took care of it. I paid nothing.