EG9 Civic Ferio Build Thread!

EG9-ish

Nice work so far! I want to see the rear wiper and a powered antenna -- then I will consider calling it an EG9. =) After that - a leather wrapped steering wheel (black, from an Integra GSR, swap a black airbag from a hatch), black dash and console pieces/trim/armrest, etc. (these can all be pillaged from a hatchback), maybe some OEM bronze glass?
Rear window and wiper are on their way

I don't want the power antenna lol

I will need to go black dash and console because of the black door panels.

The doors have OEM bronze glass ;)

deschlong

5+ Year Member
Awesome progress, then. You might find my Rear Wiper install DIY (link in sig) will help to wire it up. You'll need a rear washer jet - you can't find that exact Civic p/n in North America, but one from an Integra or Accord wagon should do the trick. If you pull all the wiring and rear wiper washer jug/tubing bits from a hatch, it should do up and function exactly as a JDM one. One upgrade you might consider is to make it have an intermittent function - I wrote a DIY for this, too.

EG9-ish

Awesome progress, then. You might find my Rear Wiper install DIY (link in sig) will help to wire it up. You'll need a rear washer jet - you can't find that exact Civic p/n in North America, but one from an Integra or Accord wagon should do the trick. If you pull all the wiring and rear wiper washer jug/tubing bits from a hatch, it should do up and function exactly as a JDM one. One upgrade you might consider is to make it have an intermittent function - I wrote a DIY for this, too.
Yeah i saw that after your last post. Good write-up, so i'll definiteily give it a shot lol

EG9-ish

Here are the two crates.

Big one has all 4 doors, door panels, and cluster

Smaller one has rear window.

Have not yet opened the rear window, so be patient.

Gather speakers

Bronze Windows...

The rear window has not been unpacked yet, and i am going to leave it in the crate tonight. I want to have a safe spot for it before i unpack it. Will get more pics of all my EG9 stuff this weekend.

EG9-ish

Also discovered the rear EG9 door harness is exactly the same (as speculated) so no altering for the rear doors. Going to work on the fronts tomorrow

EG9-ish

First, the updated pics of everything as i promised.

Japanese Sticker under hood lol

Thin moldings for each fender that i haven't put on.

This emblem is actually underneath the power mirrors. Thought it was pretty cool.

It's dirty. lol

Brand new EG9 mudguards.

Uploading more now.

EG9-ish

The way that interior is meant to be seen...through bronze glass. :woot:

Except just not as dirty. :lol:

I'm done with the car today. It's to hot out to be doing this alone. FML.

I might get some more done tomorrow. Progress may not be as fast as I'm going to have to take my time with the front doors. :(

EG9-ish

I have confirmed the EG9 doors DO have an impact beam.

I'm done today. Never took doors apart before, so this was a whole new experience lol.

I just need to screw back on the handle, and put the lock back in, bolt everything down, put the window back in, and the doors done.

Maybe i'll work on it tomorrow. lol

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i love it! the parking pole is a very nice touch, and those corners are awesome. if i may ask, where are you sourcing these parts from? care to pm me?

EG9-ish

UPDATE: Passenger (Driver) door has been converted to LHD. It was a b***h, and this was my first time, but got everything installed, window in place, and everything works. I even put in the original gathers speaker, and it doesn't sound to bad. lol

Pics soon!

EG9-ish

Confirmed: NO component in the EG9 door is the same, and if you want to avoid splicing and cutting up wires, you will have to transfer everything from your LHD door into the RHD door. Window motor...lock mechanism...door harness...

I'm done with the car today.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lookin good man, making me wanna work on mine right now