Ek coupe build. **From rags to riches**

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and here is something to give you an idea of where ill be, maybe not front lip as low since i wanna go no lip. i already dont clear a lip but i want it to sit bumper barely off the ground

Redcoupeson

do you know how low i am?

ok, im down for this. come spring we will see, but you better be ready to have subframe be less than one inch off the ground...and cut strut towers, rolled and pulled fenders, and frame notch. how low your exhaust is irrelevant, subframe is what matters.

oh and while your low, you have to be wide too. none of that pussy s*** like 15x7 et 25, so you better get the bbs' widened. lol 15x8 et15 minimum?

deal? let the fun begin =) ill even give you a advantage. ill be dropping another inch yet and my fender will sit on rim lip. idk if ill have my wheels in time, but i can make these work. im excited for this, but just know im willing to destroy my car to be low. i care less

well yeah my exhaust does matter. the exhaust piping sits alot lower than the frame of the car. if i lowered the car the frame would touch but the exhaust would be on the ground. i paid $450 for that exhaust and i dont wanna put a hole in it. lol. and all my fenders are already rolled and semi-pulled. as far as rims go idk if they will be 15x8 in time for spring. im hoping i can trade or save up to buy new lips for them.

but yes its a deal. come spring we shall see =) haha

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well yeah my exhaust does matter. the exhaust piping sits alot lower than the frame of the car. if i lowered the car the frame would touch but the exhaust would be on the ground. i paid $450 for that exhaust and i dont wanna put a hole in it. lol. and all my fenders are already rolled and semi-pulled. as far as rims go idk if they will be 15x8 in time for spring. im hoping i can trade or save up to buy new lips for them.

but yes its a deal. come spring we shall see =) haha
well get that s*** tucked up so you can go low! you cant meausre how low you are off your exhaust though. thats cheating. but eh its just an exhaust, 450 is cheap. i have almost 800 invested in mine..

but ah well you need something wide! its much harder to go low with a wide wheel and low offset. especially. when your poking. my fender sits on the tire. we need to make this fair. 6.5's are way way easier to go low lol

but ok, this will be fun. i love some friendly competition

whose car is that?
he isnt on here
http://www.stancenation.com/forums/showthread.php?2692-Fitment-in-the-making./page16

his wheel specs are 15x8 0et with 20mm adapters to drop it to -20

Redcoupeson

well get that s*** tucked up so you can go low! you cant meausre how low you are off your exhaust though. thats cheating. but eh its just an exhaust, 450 is cheap. i have almost 800 invested in mine..

but ah well you need something wide! its much harder to go low with a wide wheel and low offset. especially. when your poking. my fender sits on the tire. we need to make this fair. 6.5's are way way easier to go low lol

but ok, this will be fun. i love some friendly competition

he isnt on here
http://www.stancenation.com/forums/showthread.php?2692-Fitment-in-the-making./page16

his wheel specs are 15x8 0et with 20mm adapters to drop it to -20

im trying i cant afford to get it tucked haha. i took it to the best exhaust shop around here and they said itll be $100 to tuck the exhaust if i want it down right. and im not gonna measure it by the exhaust. imma measure it with the lip and then take the lipl off and measure it also. my wheels right now are 15x6.5 +33 but i got 15mm spacers and 5mm adapter so it makes the offset +13. my fender sits pretty close to the tire. itll be closer once i lower it more. im about to post pics. ull see

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im trying i cant afford to get it tucked haha. i took it to the best exhaust shop around here and they said itll be $100 to tuck the exhaust if i want it down right. and im not gonna measure it by the exhaust. imma measure it with the lip and then take the lipl off and measure it also. my wheels right now are 15x6.5 +33 but i got 15mm spacers and 5mm adapter so it makes the offset +13. my fender sits pretty close to the tire. itll be closer once i lower it more. im about to post pics. ull see
ok, well thats better then, but get 15's for the front and 15's for the rear lol but ah no measuring from the lip! that has to much play in it and variables. lets measure ground to jack point. then its fair and cant be argued lol we need a way to keep it fair. lips can be shifted

plus i dont have a lip till maybe spring if i decide i want one. depends if it will even fit on the bumper between the ground. the last lip didnt fit, it had to drag itself and melt to not drag 24/7 and im going lower

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol your girl works at Brusters? I used to work at Brusters as an event manager.

Love the car man! You remind me of 1sikcivic. :P

Redcoupeson

ok, well thats better then, but get 15's for the front and 15's for the rear lol but ah no measuring from the lip! that has to much play in it and variables. lets measure ground to jack point. then its fair and cant be argued lol we need a way to keep it fair. lips can be shifted

plus i dont have a lip till maybe spring if i decide i want one. depends if it will even fit on the bumper between the ground. the last lip didnt fit, it had to drag itself and melt to not drag 24/7 and im going lower
ha ok ill measure it w/o the lip. and i cant shift my lip around. theres 4 screws holding it in place. ill take it off and then slam it and ill still be lower than u lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well..not trying to be d**k. serious question

do you plan on going a lot lot lower? i tuck the rim almost and drag that lip.. i just want an idea of where you will be come spring time lol

Redcoupeson

well..not trying to be d**k. serious question

do you plan on going a lot lot lower? i tuck the rim almost and drag that lip.. i just want an idea of where you will be come spring time lol
i cant tell you that...then you will know how low you have to go lol. just know that ill be as low as possible w/o cutting anything or breaking anything =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i cant tell you that...then you will know how low you have to go lol. just know that ill be as low as possible w/o cutting anything or breaking anything =)
oh well then your going to lose for sure. my control arms punched through my strut towers. so your going to be limited by them if you want to be as low as me now. im cutting them so i can go even lower. so guess you will be cutting some stuff after all =)

Redcoupeson

oh well then your going to lose for sure. my control arms punched through my strut towers. so your going to be limited by them if you want to be as low as me now. im cutting them so i can go even lower. so guess you will be cutting some stuff after all =)
well i guess so. well see whose lower in the spring time =) as for now gotta save up to tuck the exhaust

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha unless you weld up some custom strut towers, but thats still cutting kinda. but yeah get saving. this will be interesting. we will make a poll and let CC decide

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont wrap your pillars, did it. doesnt work that well. they are designed weird and it wraps out to the door so they get wet. just stick to panels, headliner, and shift boot, center counsel

Redcoupeson

dont wrap your pillars, did it. doesnt work that well. they are designed weird and it wraps out to the door so they get wet. just stick to panels, headliner, and shift boot, center counsel
me and my buddy did his pillars and they turned out really good. we are gonna do mine also. instead of trying to wrap the whole thing at once we do small parts at a time. imma re do the door panel and headliner in red suede and idk about the shift boot yet.. idk what to do 2 that ha

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, hmm well goodluck with the pillars, mine came out like s**t lol front ones atleast, rears werent bad