1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

Ek Hatch Trim/license plate surrounds removal

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by Flynn98Cxi, Jul 14, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Flynn98Cxi

Flynn98Cxi New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm attempting to remove the black plastic surround on which the rear license plate mounts. So far I've removed the three screws and clips from the plastic mount, but there seems to be another screw which holds it in place from the inside. Now, I've removed the two clips near the hatch latch in an attempt to take off the rear hatch trim; however, I can't manage to get it off. I'm wondering how you guys have managed to take the trim off and ultimately the rear plastic license plate mount?

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

May help if you post pictures.

3. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member