~~EM1 "Build" {00_Civic_Ex}~~

B18dudeg

Really liking this like it even more that it's a Turbod Ls instead of your regular b16 crap keep up the good work

MugenRR

Banned
i bet you could be fooled easily. there are a lot of 99-00 red civic coupes that would fool you...there are a lot of guys out there with cars with damn near exact replica's of EM1's that statement you said above is a lil bit of a lie
Yes man thats what im sayin, dont mind these kids, they dont know about that. Kids be buying their cars,i built mines =) i feel better and you know much more then just buying a honda civic turbo Lmao i would never buy a car with a turbo just not me.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes man thats what im sayin, dont mind these kids, they dont know about that. Kids be buying their cars,i built mines =) i feel better and you know much more then just buying a honda civic turbo Lmao i would never buy a car with a turbo just not me.
I actually did buy it like this, I just plan to do my own thing to it. I know alot actually about LS motors so it's not too bad. He gave me a mod list of whats done and what needs to be done.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
if its a true em1, why would there be a non-vtec engine in it??? that was what really makes the em1's stand out, other than the rear disc brakes...

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe the original owner wanted something faster than a b16 and decided to turbo that ls...:what:

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's exactly what he wanted to do.

Tomorrows plans : Order new rear tires, and maybe a goodie? :thumbs up

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if its a true em1, why would there be a non-vtec engine in it??? that was what really makes the em1's stand out, other than the rear disc brakes...
Ls handles boost way better than a b16 does because of higher displacement.. I don't get why you guys are doubting me when it's a true EM1. Title says the correct vin which I showed you guys.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, its like no one believes that motors can blow or be sold without the car. There's tons of reasons why there was no b16 in the car.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, its like no one believes that motors can blow or be sold without the car. There's tons of reasons why there was no b16 in the car.
^this. People just don't think.... Different people have different reasons.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
im going to put an ls bottom in my car, I have nothing against it, but why not use the vtec head??? it is much better for boost, another company designed it for rally cars,,, if im not mistaking, it was mitsubishi,,, but it would also have made more power with a vtec head,, im not saying its not an em1, im just wondering why somebody would downgrade the engine,,, find a vtec head, have it re-tuned, and make more power.... at least thats what I would do,, honda was the first one with the actual vtec, but there was a company before that designed something similar, to help the boosted rally cars to make more power without having to change displacement... and before you go off on how im wrong, you better do some research first...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, just consider for a second that every car decision made isn't based off of how much power someone can make. There are times when people need a car to simply function.

and yes a vtec head makes more power initally, but there are also FI drawbacks like the large amount of overlap that you end up needing to reduce with a turbo setup. Vtec was designed for more than just a power increase, but also for fuel economy.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
dude, just consider for a second that every car decision made isn't based off of how much power someone can make. There are times when people need a car to simply function.

and yes a vtec head makes more power initally, but there are also FI drawbacks like the large amount of overlap that you end up needing to reduce with a turbo setup. Vtec was designed for more than just a power increase, but also for fuel economy.
well if you would read the thread, you would see that the first post on this page says, he probably done it because he wanted to go faster, then the second post says thats exactly why he did it, therefore, it was done for the power, read before you post, makes you look like less of an idiot...

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
K, quit bitching in my build thread or gtfo. I'm not gunna accept any BS in here anymore.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not b******, some people need to understand that choices, engine combinations, and vehicle horsepower can come in many different forms and for many different reasons. If anyone cant find sensible reasoning behind your choices, as a civic community, we should help and inform one another as your build and others continue.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update:

Just ordered 2 new tires for the rear cause one blew out :lol:
Khumo Ecsta ASX 195/50/16

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Turns out I didn't have enough money for it. I'll definatly be getting it next paycheck though, don't worry ;)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mishi rad? I remember reading about a coolant leak?