Status
Not open for further replies.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think haveing the hood poped is just fine just dont fo so high my shits poped only cuz when vtec hits the motor kicks and hits the hood cuz mymounts are weak

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
Get the f**k off the phone a*****e... your car isnt even that hot
And your car is? HA! kidding we have the same vehicles, and ours are Equally as hot, too bad you copied me in every way.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and about the raised hood, it will raise temps, ALOT. put a thermometer or temp guage next to the exhaust manifold.

With the hood raised, it creates turbulance. Honda designed air to be "pulled" out of the bottom of the car. So air rushing below the car, pulls the air out.

Do this, have all the windows closed in the car, light up a cigg, or a candle. Crack the drivers side window, and watch all the smoke whip out of the car. But if you have the drivers and the passenger window cracked, the efficiency is reduced. If your a smoker, or a train smoker, or even a chiminey smoker, or smoke like a burning building, you WILL know what im talking about. I prefer to have my engine compartment sealed off, and only have to bottom open, so wind russhing past will wick the hot air out.

That being said, raised hood is for retard looks, and im sure any car engineer would say "gay" and maybe "lol".

However i feel like a retard, because my hood is Also raised, and cut, but this wiill all change.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
i really dont see a bra could hurt
Bras suck rhino balls.

They trap moisture underneath between the vinyl and paint causing discoloration and paint damage or mildew growth. Debris between the bra and paint will act like sandpaper.

Second of all, the only people who ever want to buy them have a damaged front end they are trying to cover up.

NO it won't fit because your s**t is crashed and NO! you are not eligible for a refund because you damaged it.

YoungKadafi said:
That being said, raised hood is for retard looks, and im sure any car engineer would say "gay" and maybe "lol".
:rolf: :lol: :haha:

YAY! Let's have purposely misaligned body panels for some non-existant additional horsepower and an actual loss YAAAAYYY!!! I HATE FRUIT CUP!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a bunch of VW guys do the painters tape thing all the time when they go to shows. i'll see if i can find any other pictures....they get really crazy with it. everytime i look at that hatch, its making me want to get sme F1 mirrors....

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i aswell want some f1's. However i need to put some interior in my car, and put on a bumper/side skirts, and maybe some other things. f**k man i hate cars now, my 4dr sedan is costing me like 10 grand, and i only paid 2 grand for it, and its anti-stock A.K.A= no interior or panels or bumpers. and rusting and its a 96, washed 3 times a month.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i dont think that would be the case... its just not logical... ive never tested it i therefore can not say you are wrong.. but you have a box.. with heat in it.. the more holes you put in the box the easier it will be for the heat to escape... this is pretty much that.. at least thats how i would think that it works..
Well, most of that heat is on the bottom of the motor. It only goes up top and warms up your intake manifold and such once you put an opening on the top that would pull the air up.

I don't know if it really works or not... but I can only assume that Honda R&D has it covered so it runs the best as is. Then again, most of us do mods... but I've never heard of Hondas running too warm unless something's up.
bcivichb said:
i really dont see a bra could hurt
Okay... go find a car that has been wearing a bra for years. This will show you an exageration of what is happening to a car everytime you put one on your car.

So... what does a bra do when you put it on your car and drive down the road? Does it stick to the car without moving? No, they move around. Often they will begin to fit worse and worse as time goes on. And that's only assuming they were installed correctly in the first place (think of all the cars with bras you see driving around where they practically drag on the ground underneath them).

How about washing the car? What do you do when you wash a car with a bra on? Well, for most people... they never take it off. I've even seen peopel buy cars without checking under the bra... only to find the front bumper in pieces after the purchase has been finalized. That's juat a case of stupid though.

But yes, I really wish I had a photo of my ex's black Camaro he had a couple of years ago. It wasn't in the best shape. Paint was healthy enough underneath... but lots of water spotting in particular. Peel the bra up and the front end was almost perfect in comparision. But look to where the bra ends. A deep gash all the way across the paint of the hood. It was horrible and the only way he could have fixed it was with new paint. he got rid of the car soon after anyway though.
YoungKadafi said:
yea i aswell want some f1's. However i need to put some interior in my car, and put on a bumper/side skirts, and maybe some other things. f**k man i hate cars now, my 4dr sedan is costing me like 10 grand, and i only paid 2 grand for it, and its anti-stock A.K.A= no interior or panels or bumpers. and rusting and its a 96, washed 3 times a month.
I'm not sure where you live, but this forum has a huge for sale section. There are some really great deals to be had on there... you just have to look.

www.nwstreetracing.com

Now... the site does occasionally go offline (no info has ever been lost as far as I know though) and you will also firts have to join the site THEN apply to join the classifieds. Yes there are theives on there, but so far neither Eran or myself have been screwed over. For the most part it's good people an you can really find some nice deals.

As far as body panels (ie, bumpers, fenders, etc), I know Certifit sells OE replicas for a decent price. The ones I've seen have fit perfectly and you'd never known he they not mentioned it.

http://www.certifit.com/

I know right now it probably seems like it will take forever to get your car back to anything decent (you currently sound very unhappy with it). I'll try my best to help you out, but I'm not sure what you'd need. I'd highly suggest you make a wanted thread and ask if anyone can help you out even with showing you where some really good deals might be and what might be options for interior pieces in particular for your car. =) I know how much it can suck for your car to be incomplete or broken. So I'll try to help you out as much as I can, though I too am trying to fix some things (and unable to find a job) and so I can't donate any cash.

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so heres a question for ya... What if you were to put a bra on for only the long road trip... I mean the people with the tape on dont drive around with tape on all the time.. only going to and from the show/meet. so what if you were to do the same with a bra? would that still work fine and not cause damage and look a hell of a lot better than tape while driving?

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why thank you Nofx, you come up to MN ill get you a job hehe. Yea its a long process. However back on topic, the JDM hood vent is indeed JDM, Just Damn Mothatruckinstupid. read up on H-t Its been covered hundreds of times.

I used to be a JDM ricer, Silver mesh grill, put in my very own Hood locks on an OEM hood. Now there is 2 holes there. JDM hood tilt. Cut the bottom of the hood mesh out. 3 or 4 dents and kinks in the hood. And i think the hood is the cleanest part on my car. I have a 1.1 foot lift on my civic, some rust, no interior, and rattles from EVERY single corner on my car. Rattle canned body parts...no interior, duplicolored seats and fabric, which is now like nails to my skin. no dash, most ghetto engine bay, a muffler which i found out to be just a pipe....it looked like a magnaflow...an exhaust loud enough to be heard 2 miles away doing 30mph. And the only nice thing on my car, is my mugen carbon fiber spoiler.....other than that, I hate it. My car was brand new, clean, now rusted Geo Metros are pickin up more chicks than me.

Oh and edit; my rims, curbed on every inch, ripped up, ugly and riced out, and i bought them this way because they were "rims" I have my rusted steelies back on

Cars purchase = $2000
Cars worth stock blue book = $6000
Cars actual worth = $250
Money dropped into car getting it riced = $3000
Money spent trying to fix it = $1200

So the moral of the story is....DONT F with your car. That JDM hood tilt is just the start of something evil. Put that hood back down

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If there was any real benefit to it, why would Honda put a rubber seal between the hood and the cowl to purposely seal that area?

I think it just allows more engine heat into the air intake for the A/C...and if you have an exhaust leak, it will pump all that lovely CO into the interior. Your corpse will be a nice healthy pink color when they find it.

And besides, as General motors demonstrated with their cowl induction, the base of the windshield is a high pressure area at speed. All the hot air that's supposed to come out is just going to get pushed back down into the engine compartment.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EH2 GSR 7232 said:
ok so heres a question for ya... What if you were to put a bra on for only the long road trip... I mean the people with the tape on dont drive around with tape on all the time.. only going to and from the show/meet. so what if you were to do the same with a bra? would that still work fine and not cause damage and look a hell of a lot better than tape while driving?
I personally would not let one touch my car under any circumstances. Btw, though it's bright blue, I've seen the tape look a lot better than that. The tape on that car looks messy in comparision with most cars I see with the tape.
YoungKadafi said:
why thank you Nofx, you come up to MN ill get you a job hehe. Yea its a long process. However back on topic, the JDM hood vent is indeed JDM, Just Damn Mothatruckinstupid. read up on H-t Its been covered hundreds of times.
:lol: Thanks. JDM.... :rolf:

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
If there was any real benefit to it, why would Honda put a rubber seal between the hood and the cowl to purposely seal that area?

I think it just allows more engine heat into the air intake for the A/C...and if you have an exhaust leak, it will pump all that lovely CO into the interior. Your corpse will be a nice healthy pink color when they find it.

And besides, as General motors demonstrated with their cowl induction, the base of the windshield is a high pressure area at speed. All the hot air that's supposed to come out is just going to get pushed back down into the engine compartment.

SOrry i am REALLY tired right now, but uh, to sum it up, the JDM tilt is a bad idea based on your post, right?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
perhaps we should contact mythbusters regarding the rasied hood issue :laugh:

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Melt said:
yea i know theres different tastes ... but come on puke yellow who does that?
youre just being ignorant.

The color looks like one of the mixes off a desert camo, something more TAN.

Not "puke yellow"

That color is f**kin awesome IMO, way original. Im sick of all this milano, vsm or dap bullshit, its time to be different :roll:

Id paint my car flat army green if i had the cash, and id rock the s**t outta it. How many flat army green civics do you see out and about? (any of the "forest camo" colors would look hella pimp IMO).

As for the whole hood vent heat thing, the more "vents" or holes you put in it means the more heat that not only can get out, but can get in. As a test, leave a thermostat in your car at work for a few hot days where temps are close to the same and at the end of each day look at it.

Dont use one of those windshield sun blocks.

Do it once with all windows up, sunroof closed
Do it once with all windows up, sunroof cracked/propped
Do it once with all windows cracked, sunroof closed
Do it once with all windows cracked, sunroof cracked/propped

Then compare the temps and you'll see what i mean, my car cools off a little faster if i leave my windows cracked, but it feels alot warmer upon intial entry.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey... at leats my car is Milano Red and not MIlano Pink.

Anyway, I agree. In the Photobucket account those photos are all from there are a couple of photoshopped images of his car in diferent camo colors. One in green and two in different tan tones. The lighter of the tan colors is very similar to his current paint.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think im gonna paint my car garlic, with a splash of whipped cream. now thats original, but f**k ugly 80's good will looking cars, i dont care. Im out of the phase of having an azn looking ride, thats why im going lexus, no more being laughed at by pole dancers and babys mommas

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
i think im gonna paint my car garlic, with a splash of whipped cream. now thats original, but f**k ugly 80's good will looking cars, i dont care. Im out of the phase of having an azn looking ride, thats why im going lexus, no more being laughed at by pole dancers and babys mommas
by "azn" im guessing you meant asian?

you've picked the wrong brand of car to get away from your "azn" look where "pole dancers and babys mommas" laugh at you. First thing i think of is rich asian when i see a lexus rollin around. And im in no way racist, its just what pops into my head.

On and that green is one of the ones i had in mind for my civic. Looks hot IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.