Not open for further replies.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why care what pole dancers and babies' mammas think anyway...

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Why care what pole dancers and babies' mammas think anyway...
thats a good point... your style is your style, dont let people drag ya down kuz its not the "fad"

Seriously, if i had a nickel for every milano/vsm/dap civic ive seen in the past WEEK. Id have at LEAST $100 right now.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
SOrry i am REALLY tired right now, but uh, to sum it up, the JDM tilt is a bad idea based on your post, right?

Affirmative....bad idea.

GM cowl induction feeds the carburetor pressurized air from the back of the hood because they found that the base of the windshield was a high pressure area.

So based on the principle by which cowl induction works, you wouldn't be able to get much hot air out while moving foward. It's probably just going to join with the hot air normally going underneath the car and create more air moving underneath the car.

The whole JDM tilt idea is just a cheap ripoff of what air-cooled Veedub owners have been doing to get more air into their engine compartments for decades. BIG Difference! Air cooled VWs are RR.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
thats a good point... your style is your style, dont let people drag ya down kuz its not the "fad"

Seriously, if i had a nickel for every milano/vsm/dap civic ive seen in the past WEEK. Id have at LEAST $100 right now.
There aren't even than many cars here that I'd gather that much cash so quickly. Well, unless you're talking abotu me seeing my car or my friends' cars. Which really isn't fair to count (mine's Milano and I have two friends with DAP Civics).

I think most paint colors can look good if cared for correctly. If I were to repaint my car I'd probably want it Milano Red all over again too. I like other colors... but if I wanted a car of a different custom color... I'd buy a beater and build it up.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Affirmative....bad idea.

GM cowl induction feeds the carburetor pressurized air from the back of the hood because they found that the base of the windshield was a high pressure area.

So based on the principle by which cowl induction works, you wouldn't be able to get much hot air out while moving foward. It's probably just going to join with the hot air normally going underneath the car and create more air moving underneath the car.

The whole JDM tilt idea is just a cheap ripoff of what air-cooled Veedub owners have been doing to get more air into their engine compartments for decades. BIG Difference! Air cooled VWs are RR.
I still remember my old boss asking me to find a water pump for a Beetle and a radiator for an '83 Corvette. He got me on the spark plugs for a diesel pickup one day though when it was really hectic. Bastard. Damn, I miss working there though.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
There aren't even than many cars here that I'd gather that much cash so quickly. Well, unless you're talking abotu me seeing my car or my friends' cars. Which really isn't fair to count (mine's Milano and I have two friends with DAP Civics).

I think most paint colors can look good if cared for correctly. If I were to repaint my car I'd probably want it Milano Red all over again too. I like other colors... but if I wanted a car of a different custom color... I'd buy a
beater and build it up.
Well i live in the Suburbs of denver and usually do alot of traveling around (roughly a 50 mile radius), and theres what, i believe 15million people or so in denver and surrounding area's, if not more? Theres 2 Milano, 1 dap, and 2 vsm civics at my school alone. None of which i associate with since they're all ricers.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
Well i live in the Suburbs of denver and usually do alot of traveling around (roughly a 50 mile radius), and theres what, i believe 15million people or so in denver and surrounding area's, if not more?.
That's a pretty good trick due to the fact that the entire state of Colorado only has a population of around 4.5 million.

Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington is the largest landlocked metropolitan area in the USA and only has about 6 million.

Anyway, VSM and MR Civics don't bother me but if I see one more Transexual Teal Ford Ranger :roll:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
That's a pretty good trick due to the fact that the entire state of Colorado only has a population of around 4.5 million.

Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington is the largest landlocked metropolitan area in the USA and only has about 6 million.

Anyway, VSM and MR Civics don't bother me but if I see one more Transexual Teal Ford Ranger :roll:
:lol:
Eran and I were wondering how he managed to see 2000 individual Milano Red, Dark Amethyst, and Vougue Silver cars in a week.

Wikipedia because it's easy said:
The population of the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area is about 2,330,146 (2005) According to Demographia, it is the 20th largest metropolitan area in the United States by 2000 population
(For comparision, Olympia/Tacoma/Seattle is number 13 on the list and DFW is 9.)

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I saw a lot of people putting that tape on their cars for the trip to Nopi. It comes off rather easily. Just temporary for a trip when they have to travel to an event.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
I saw a lot of people putting that tape on their cars for the trip to Nopi. It comes off rather easily. Just temporary for a trip when they have to travel to an event.
It shouldn't leave a resideu either. For detailing I've always used masking tape though and it rarely leaves a residue on the trim.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
i think im gonna paint my car garlic, with a splash of whipped cream. now thats original, but f**k ugly 80's good will looking cars, i dont care. Im out of the phase of having an azn looking ride, thats why im going lexus, no more being laughed at by pole dancers and babys mommas
azn.............................looking?

are you trying to refer that asian people have ghetto cars?

ha. lexus. HA.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:

ha. lexus. HA.
I think he might be referring to JDM.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:

hey, never said my number was right *shrugs*

it was way high looking back.

My point still remains however, i see a s**t ton of vsm/milano/dap civics. Im not saying tons of each, but those are about the only 3 colors i see. Occasionally i see a white or a green, but thats about the extent of it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I see green Civics all the time. :what:

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
My point still remains however, i see a s**t ton of vsm/milano/dap civics. Im not saying tons of each, but those are about the only 3 colors i see. Occasionally i see a white or a green, but thats about the extent of it.
maybe your colour blind and your actually seeing white/green and blue civics :lol: hehe.

but yeh i was going to put clingfilm on the front of my car to save the bugs for shows.. im guessin you have cling film in the US?.....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mint said:
maybe your colour blind and your actually seeing white/green and blue civics :lol: hehe.

but yeh i was going to put clingfilm on the front of my car to save the bugs for shows.. im guessin you have cling film in the US?.....
What do you mean by cling film? Like Reynold's Wrap for covering food? Or do you mean the thick clear plastic coating you can buy custom fitted to your car for the front end (it's supposed to be installed and left on the car at the very least long-term). We have both of those though. The custom stuff for the cars is expensive though.

I see Milano Red Civics every once in awhile. I mean, I seem to see plenty of 5th gens (all body styles came in Milano for '92-'95 though), but rarely do I see a Milano Red 6G coupe. I see them of course, but not as often as PPhntmSk8r made it out to be.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
It shouldn't leave a resideu either. For detailing I've always used masking tape though and it rarely leaves a residue on the trim.
And if it does, it can be easily taken off with some grease,wax,tar remover and a paper towel. Should come off in one swipe with that house painters tape. Auto body tape sticks a lot better but has more adhesive on it. Work around the latter all damn day.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And that color in my eyes is Iraqi freedom beige or tukey turd tan...lol:lol:

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:

ha. lexus. HA.
ok sensi, i dunno if its where i live, but 99.99997 of the azn people here have APC decked out vehicles. American racing rims, and pepboys mufflers.

Now when i go and pick up a chick to take her out, she giggles and says, "umm are you azn?" L OH f**king L!! Im going stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.