Engine Identify help?? Serial #

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 1993 civic, but has a swap. Im not sure what type of motor it is, cuz I just bought it and the kid who owned it before me did this work. Where can I find the engine serial # or how can I find out what this engine is???? Much help would be appreciated

ZrJdmDa9

5+ Year Member
look on the block it should say b spmething something something or d---- depend one what swap it is what does it say i can tell youj

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill go outside n check it now, where on the motor can i find this???? bottom or top side

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can green91 make it anymore clear than he did???
its a square section of the block(prob 1.5"x2 or more inches wide) located on the lower left hand side of the motor, right next to where the engine and transmission bolt together. itll either say something like b15, b16b, b18c and so on (or it might even say h22a, or d16). under the engine code you should be able to find the serial number there.

Last edited by a moderator:

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so the serial # is S20-2382016 and i couldnt find where it said B16

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got the serial # but couldnt find where it had other numbers......where can i get the right code? or is it possible to use the serial and get the specifics that way?????

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude most of every honda block has the motor type engraved on it. are you sure your looking at the right spot?

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i looked for a good 15 mins i found the barcode with the serial # below it and could not find the engine code like u were saying. Ill look again, but i cant find ne thing

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
take a pic of the motor?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
she has a pretty baddass build.. she dont look that bad herself :hitit:

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so do i have a D series motor, or should i look deeper for the code

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

i dont know if this could explain where to find the engine code any better than green's post but worth a shot.
also is it a dual cam or single cam?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you looked at the wrong place.
the block might be dirty

tranny code could be in a different location. but engine code is always in the same spot