Engine swap question :/

gboi25

Hey I just started building a civic for the first time and had or have a hard time finding info when needed info. I went with the b16a after a little research it was cheap and pretty easy with help f rom a couple buddys.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
Im rockin a b16a2 in my 98 4-door and it hauls pretty good, basic bolt ons (with stage 2 clutch and hasport motor mounts too), gave a WRX a run for his money today, and my gas is like 28-30mpg on average. Good luck on whatever motor you use!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That wrx driver mustve been terrible...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
he's actually a good friend of mine and he can rip in that thing, my car is gutted and has full exhaust, cold air intake, clutch, and motor mounts, now i know thats not a lot, im probably around 150-160whp, but his car is at like 200whp and weighs close to 800 lbs more than mine. all about the power to weight ratio.

Cee

:D hahaa thats pretty nice. i think about gutting my car sometimes but idk. Very iffy for me.

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
gutting it like everything has a good side and bad, as a DD idk if i would gut it. if you have an exhause once you gut it can be very droning

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
gutting it like everything has a good side and bad, as a DD idk if i would gut it. if you have an exhause once you gut it can be very droning
I have an A'Pexi WS2, and it's pretty quick for a DD, unless you rip on it a little bit. the VTEC can get a little loud...

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If he has a full WS2 thats perfect for DD cuz theyre fairly quiet on the low end. Yeah I've taken some WRX's pretty easily since like you said power to weight can be a b***h for them on a roll, though I'm in a moderately built b18c, cams, exhaust, pistons etc. OP I would suggest that you plan on at least $500 more than that unless you plan to boost it and do the work yourself. And especially if the car is automatic right now.

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
If he has a full WS2 thats perfect for DD cuz theyre fairly quiet on the low end. Yeah I've taken some WRX's pretty easily since like you said power to weight can be a b**** for them on a roll, though I'm in a moderately built b18c, cams, exhaust, pistons etc. OP I would suggest that you plan on at least $500 more than that unless you plan to boost it and do the work yourself. And especially if the car is automatic right now.
Agreed, it cost me an extra $500 to get mine converted from auto to manual.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
duck tape and a little bit of superglue to get in an engine bay........ bro do urself a favor and search first the question has been answered a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 times before. go to k20a.org they have all the info u need