Engine swap

stamma2

I Have a 93 Honda cívica dx 1.5 and i would like to do a complete engine swap. What is a good vtec engine i can use without changing out my axels?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think if you stay d series then the d16z6 will work fine. It's obd1 and your generation's ex and si motor. Should be a fairly straightforward swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
the 5th gens both the ex and the si came with the z6

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
D15B VTEC
Found in:
1992–1995 Honda Civic Vti (Japanese Market)
1992–1998 Honda CRX DelSol (Japanese Market)
Bore and Stroke :75,0×84,5 mm
Displacement : 1,493 cc (91.1 cu in)
Rod Length : 137 mm
Rod/Stroke : 1.63
Compression : 9.3:1
Power : 130 PS (96 kW; 128 hp) at 6,800 rpm[5]
Torque: 14.1 kg·m (138 N·m) at 5,200 rpm[5]
VTEC switch over : 4,800 rpm
Redline : 7,200 rpm
Rev-limiter : 7,200 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC VTEC (4 valves per cylinder)
Fuel Control : OBD-1
Head Code : P28
ECU Code: P08 (small case ECU)***

you will like the D15b better, but the Z6 is easier to get domestically.. or right now if you really wanted one.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Swapping from your current d series to any 92-00 d series motor, you'll be fine using your current axles and mounts.

stamma2

honda civic dx swap

What B series vtec fits Honda civic dx hatchback without have to change axles and mount?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all of them are direct bolt-in's

if the question is : what fits in the engine bay... with enough time and money, anything...
In EH body styles I have seen the following series engines:
B series
D series
F series
H series
J series
K series

They make mount and axle kits for all of the above mentioned swaps... then it comes down to how you have to modify the bay and exhaust and fuel systems... along with wiring here and there

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the axle situation is covered in the last sentence of the post reading > you =)

EG2 LX

No B Series will fit without changing axles. b series use midshaft and axle combo, d series just use one really long axle and one regular size. youd be a lot happier with a b series swap you can pick up a full b series swap for around 2300 bucks with axles ecu motor trans mounts everything.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
2300 seems a bit high. You can get a solid b18b1 swap for around 1000-1500. I'm letting my b18a1 w/ b1 head go for 1000

barrett

Registered VIP
wow. that's even high for my area. i picked up my b18b1 full swap for $350, and am selling a different one for $500