What color benen bar did you go with?
*edit* reading > me

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dress up items look great! cant wait to see them installed..

how much did you get the Benen upper strut bar for? if you dont mind me askin?
$160 shipped :thumbup:

The Honda Tech. Sexy. Engine.
Thank you sir.

are you still planning on going turbo with that transmission? also why did you guys take the ac compressor all they way out?
yeah, I'm really excited but at the same time scared as s**t about boosting with it. It will be nuts. It was just easier to remove the compressor. The recharge was simple with the machine though :oh:

What color benen bar did you go with?
*edit* reading > me
Chrome :thumbs up

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah it'll be nuts, especially in the rain. lol

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah it'll be nuts, especially in the rain. lol
Fortunately in cali it rains about every 5 months, if that.

yeah me too what the f**k?!?!
Haha well if you guys look back, NONE of my other threads EVER had engine bay shots. You guys just assumed.

Here's some long awaited bay shots, without the new goodies - they're being shipped:

(withthe si tower bar)

(without the si tower bar)

I'm kind of nervous about whether the new goodies will look good with the bay, I kind of like the blacked out look, opinions?

Also, does anyone know if there's supposed to be a bracket from the back of the head to the power steering line? I couldn't find it in the catalog at work :oops:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
blacked out it baddass looking

ryanM

well i always thought that you unboosted your D because you were going B right away.

and then you started whoring it out as an Si....so i put 2 and 2 together.

but apparently i came up with 5

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also, does anyone know if there's supposed to be a bracket from the back of the head to the power steering line? I couldn't find it in the catalog at work :oops:
Not sure how much the y8 and b16 differ but on the y8, I have that same empty threaded hole. The bracket to hold the p/s line is actually by the IM / fuel rail.

Swap looks MINT Ev :thumbup:. You know I'm jealous.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea there's supposed to be a little bracket on the back. i bent mine a while back, which is how i remember it being there

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blacked out it baddass looking
I agree, well see. I have a feeling with the goodies ordered it will look much better.

well i always thought that you unboosted your D because you were going B right away.

and then you started whoring it out as an Si....so i put 2 and 2 together.

but apparently i came up with 5
Gotcha, yeah I would've swapped real quick but 1) I wanted to do it right 2) I had to pay for school

Looks great!..
Thanks!

Great work on the swap.. looks clean!
:thumbs up

Not sure how much the y8 and b16 differ but on the y8, I have that same empty threaded hole. The bracket to hold the p/s line is actually by the IM / fuel rail.

Swap looks MINT Ev :thumbup:. You know I'm jealous.
Right, I know of the bracket on the intake manifold, there's no way my line will reach. I'm wondering since the ex / si power steering lines have different part#s that maybe the si line is longer (since it has a larger valve cover). But still, it's missing a bracket for that bolt.

yea there's supposed to be a little bracket on the back. i bent mine a while back, which is how i remember it being there
Hmm, can you snag me a part #? Maybe you'd recognize it from the diagrams.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. :drool: once again. lucky bastard. :thumbup:
lol I'm not lucky, I work hard for my parts at 50% off :thumbup:

So, there was some fresh oil that I noticed on the engine and one of the techs said it was the cam seal (the plug behind the vtec solenoid). I replaced that last night and wiped the oil off, just to notice FRESH oil at where the block and the head meet. :shock:

Time for a thicker headgasket and arp headstuds!

Anyhow, also got my benen bar on last night and it looks damn sexy. I'll post some pics later.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oo snap. Hope you dont keep running into issues.

pics with the bar on ASAP!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont get a cometic head gasket!

go with something nicer like cosworth or Apex'i
ive got a cometic :(

Hmm, can you snag me a part #? Maybe you'd recognize it from the diagrams.
yeah i'd recognize it if you had a diagram for me to see. it was like a black painted L bracket

Last edited:

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
heres a pic

Last edited:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I'm thinking #25, but that doesn't look right to me. Also, on the bracket you showed me does the bolt go into the side of the block (where my threads are) because it looks vertical, as does the bracket in the picture?

**EDIT: As far as the headgasket goes, I'm not sure what I'm after yet, but definetly something thicker to lower the CR a bit. While i'm there, I figure I might as well do a set of ARP headstuds too :thumbup:

Last edited: