Closed

• Total voters

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hold on to it incase the car was ever sold. That's the nice part of how I'm doing the delete, I could simply bolt everything back in. No cutting of the lines or whatnot.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The intake setup looks nice. Better than having a pipe with a filter sitting there, looking empty. Im trying to find a Si stock intake for me. Getting tired of the pipe/cone filter setup. s**t looks good tho, Evan. :thumbup:

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hold on to it in case the car was ever sold. That's the nice part of how I'm doing the delete, I could simply bolt everything back in. No cutting of the lines or whatnot.
That is some smart thinking right there, do you have your turbo setup plans?

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bay looks good. not sure if i missed it but whats the sense of deleting the power steering?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The intake setup looks nice. Better than having a pipe with a filter sitting there, looking empty. Im trying to find a Si stock intake for me. Getting tired of the pipe/cone filter setup. s**t looks good tho, Evan. :thumbup:
Haha thanks. It doesn't have to be speficially from the Si. The EX will work too.

That is some smart thinking right there, do you have your turbo setup plans?
I don't have plans yet. I'm taking things one step at a time and for now it's bay clean up.

bay looks good. not sure if i missed it but whats the sense of deleting the power steering?
Well, I was going to delete it for bay clean up BUT I found something last night @ such a good price that I couldn't resist. I think it will take the place of the power steering delete.

I'm still kind of debating whether or not to take off the benen logo piece and make it all black - I think it'd look better.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I think you should take the benen logo off. It sets all eyes on the strut bar, and not the wire tuck. It will flow better without it.

Well, I was going to delete it for bay clean up BUT I found something last night @ such a good price that I couldn't resist. I think it will take the place of the power steering delete.
Tease...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ive also been thinking about getting a stock intake. Bays look more "complete" with it.

I love the way VTEC sounds with aftermarket though. "/

Benen bar looks good though, shave it..

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The Benen bar looks good. I think you're right about taking the sticker/decal off. It would create a more overall cleanliness to the bay.

I know what you mean about keeping the power steering parts. I'm actually going to be putting mine back in this winter. No A/C though, the route I eventually plan to go won't allow.

Do you plan on keeping A/C when you boost? Cali does get pretty hot...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice Ev.
What kind of radiator do you have?
Mishimoto. :thumbup:

Benen bar looks good though, shave it..
Thanks, I'll take the emblem off here soon enough.

The Benen bar looks good. I think you're right about taking the sticker/decal off. It would create a more overall cleanliness to the bay.

I know what you mean about keeping the power steering parts. I'm actually going to be putting mine back in this winter. No A/C though, the route I eventually plan to go won't allow.

Do you plan on keeping A/C when you boost? Cali does get pretty hot...
I'm not sure yet. I probably will take it out since my compressor is bad anyhow. I don't mind cruising with the windows down - I do now all the time anyhow. Fortunately it's not TOO hot where I live.

Today I looped the fog light switch wiring so that the foglights are always on with the headlights - no switch necessary. I ditched the switch as it was light gray and didn't match the interior but didn't want to spend $40 on a dark gray one. Plus, I always leave the switch in the ON position anyhow.

The s2000 cluster bezel will be finished by Thursday I hope - but I have decided to do it a different route than originally.

Then it's just the battery tuck / fuse box relocate and I'm done while I save for boost.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Edited.

Last edited:

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
finally some updates. sounds good man
i take it your going the route of the CF surround for the S2K cluster? good choice

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
finally some updates. sounds good man
i take it your going the route of the CF surround for the S2K cluster? good choice
Yeah, it seems to be much easier than trying to do a full bezel. However, it's still quite a pain getting everything mounted & lined up with no gaps. Plus, I think the carbon fiber will look good since it'll match the shift plate. :thumbup:

good luck!

hid retrofit ftw! have you decided which components you want to use?
Yes, if I end up doing the retrofit (kind of dependent on the total cost):

TSX Projectors
Hella Ballasts / Ignitors
Phillips 4300k Bulbs
Custom Wire Harness

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
New plans:

OE Spark Plug Cover coming in tomorrow and I'll slap the Benen decal from the bar on it.
I removed the foglights & canards for funds on an HID retrofit.
Then I decided to just make a template of the canards and buy a sheet of aluminum
Then I have to shorten the clutch line / tuck a last harness
The carbon fiber sheet for the s2k bezel comes in on wednesday.

Something else.
Yeeeeeee... Told you that OE cover would look good.

Good thing you removed the canards, looked like s**t on your car anyways. So you have a big whole in your bumper now?:lol:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tuh Duh! Don't mind the glare or the rough edges: