*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wtf: that picture has nothing to do with Canon. is he using a point and shoot or he doesnt know jack s**t....i dont think an slr is even capable of getting a shot that dull.
Has everything to do with a Canon...they suck :lol:

I believe that was shot with the 30D, and whenever he shoots it's on EV+1 + flash + usually down-sun.
Not to mention I'm basically schooling this guy at PS :lol:
so you are using his cam or you own?

oh, and you still not liking it, or did it get better?
Using one of his. There's a 30D, 40D, and another but it's broke so I don't know what it is. Should be getting another here soon too.

If I had an 18-55 or something of the sort, I could use my own, but a 60 is limiting me...+ no bigboy flash to battle sun when facing up-sun.

For my shots, they're usually EV+1/3 + flash + up-sun. Use sun to light background but not overpoweringly and then flash to light them up. Don't even really play in PS with them, just minor curves every now & then, gay logo, and I'm done.

Today blew. $40.
Shot a boat at 10, and when it came back 45 minutes late, that screwed me over for shooting 2-3 more, which screwed me over for selling those.
I only sold 3 from mentioned boat, indians = cheapasses. Sunset cruise immediatly followed, but again, late = only got 3 shots before they rushed to get back out on water, didnt bother selling 3 shots.

Sold bosses shots of another boat, and helped this other guy sell his 3 boats and he also missed 1. Today...f**king...blew.

Tomorrow will be awesome.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lil PS

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One of these things is not like the others ....

Macro shot @ 90mm f/22 1"

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
foggy night = cool s**t =)

these are like the only ones i was happy with ha.

i <3 my new XTi =)

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice shots coutts. i think the second one be cool if you made the lights star i think by opening up the aperture, or a star filter.

and everyone needs to host pics where it shows the exif data!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not bad. I have a shoot coming up this Monday.

I got some money to play around with so, i'm trying to figure out what I should order next to go towards my lighting gear list.

civictegfan

Honda Fanatic
5+ Year Member
Representin' 2000.....Slamfest Car show, Tampa, FL
This is a pic of my first honda....drove it all the way up to tampa from naples fl(4hours) with no springs...just shocks....never do that again!!!

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

another one.

yeah i might pick up one of those star filters, they're pretty cheap at best buy ha.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^

Or you could just save yourself the money and shot at a higher f-stop. :what:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah..thats what it was, fstop lol i couldnt remember, been awhile since i did it, but its fun. and really helps out the shots too.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How is Naples-Tampa 4hrs? Thought it was two when we went to the Cubs game :what:

Nice B&W foggy shots.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Has everything to do with a Canon...they suck :lol:

I believe that was shot with the 30D, and whenever he shoots it's on EV+1 + flash + usually down-sun.
Not to mention I'm basically schooling this guy at PS :lol:
Using one of his. There's a 30D, 40D, and another but it's broke so I don't know what it is. Should be getting another here soon too.

If I had an 18-55 or something of the sort, I could use my own, but a 60 is limiting me...+ no bigboy flash to battle sun when facing up-sun.

For my shots, they're usually EV+1/3 + flash + up-sun. Use sun to light background but not overpoweringly and then flash to light them up. Don't even really play in PS with them, just minor curves every now & then, gay logo, and I'm done.

Today blew. $40.
Shot a boat at 10, and when it came back 45 minutes late, that screwed me over for shooting 2-3 more, which screwed me over for selling those.
I only sold 3 from mentioned boat, indians = cheapasses. Sunset cruise immediatly followed, but again, late = only got 3 shots before they rushed to get back out on water, didnt bother selling 3 shots.

Sold bosses shots of another boat, and helped this other guy sell his 3 boats and he also missed 1. Today...f**king...blew.

Tomorrow will be awesome.
wow alex, sounds like you really enjoying this.....:rolf:

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alex. why dont you use a reflector or a diffuser instead of using flash. you guys are shooting in super sunnny conditions. i dont think there is a need to use flash at all. and if that dude shot that with a 30d he needs to stop taking photos for the rest of his life. a ps can do a better job. its not the camera its the photographer.

put the reflector below and in front of the subject with the sun behind them and to the side so it gives them some rim/hair light. the reflector should take care of filling in the shadows in the front of their faces. also a diffuser above their heads and a bit to the front will make the sunlight a lot smoother for the shot.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^

Thats a good point. Remember...the sun can be counted as a light too..... Usally if its sunny and you want to use flash, you'll have to be in a shaded area, where the background is lit by the sun, etc. You could also shoot at 1/200 of a sec, with a f/stop of f/16+ to kill the ambient light but, those pocket strobes aren't any where near powerful enough for that.

Last edited:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just fooling around with the 50mm...nothing special..

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coutts: i noticed you tried editing some of those pics. this was my shot at it.

just did a little something to get rid of the flare and add the burnt out lamps.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hardly ever shoot scenery / nature ... so I figured I'd give it a shot:

Status
Not open for further replies.