*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anybody with an xti or xt want to buy a sigma 28-70mm f2.8 that is locked at f2.8 for me since its incompatible with my XSi. 175 bucks takes it. gets great reviews i just cant use it on mine and dont feel like searching for a way to make it compatible.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a lens that has at least a 250mm zoom for a XSi? I need to get something since I just have the stock one.
i would recommend that you instead get a dedicated flash if its your first purchase beyond the kit. photography is all about lighting. with a flash like a 430exII you can get better pictures and even start building your studio since a flash can serve as a strobe with a softbox over it. and you really only need 1 flash and a reflector to start taking pro looking studio shots.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anybody with an xti or xt want to buy a sigma 28-70mm f2.8 that is locked at f2.8 for me since its incompatible with my XSi. 175 bucks takes it. gets great reviews i just cant use it on mine and dont feel like searching for a way to make it compatible.
did you call sigma? i guess some lenses they can rechip. i went to my local camera store not a gay ritz place and some lenses sigma can re chip.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trying out some new s**t plus shutter drag technique

shutter drag technique. the subject remains frozen while you can play with the lights around it or capture ambient light.

whos that creeping in the picture?

i see dead people

was trying to be a little creative. and finally learn shutter drag technique in low light conditions. should provide for some great nightclub shooting. :P

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you call sigma? i guess some lenses they can rechip. i went to my local camera store not a gay ritz place and some lenses sigma can re chip.
theyve been closed for the holidays....however at this point i actually want a flash so much more than a faster lens. flash is where its at. :cool:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, it won't be locked at f/2.8 with the xti, etc..?

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went to the mall with the wifey, we were at Forever 21 got bored so started snapping.....I seen a bunch of other guys with the girlfriends looking all bored as i am..LOL

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, it won't be locked at f/2.8 with the xti, etc..?
based on what i was told it shouldnt. the previous owner was using it on an XTi. it takes pictures fine on my camera but i can only shoot at f2.8 and since doing some research id much rather get a flash than try to fix this lens to work with my camera. ive been told that at 175 its a steal cause its a constant 2.8 lens which means you can shoot 2.8 at any focal range not just widest range. some actually message me on craigslist to tell me i shouldnt sell it and specially not at that price but i got it for about the same so whatever.

heres my craigslist add for some pictures.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pho/969967401.html

quote from seller on POTN. GetOnMyLevel: "it worked on my 1D, my XTi, and my friends XT."

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^^i know how you took that picture. :lol: using the lens trick werent we.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, that ol' trick? Bout as useful as a fisheye, but doesn't cost anything. ;)

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
based on what i was told it shouldnt. the previous owner was using it on an XTi. it takes pictures fine on my camera but i can only shoot at f2.8 and since doing some research id much rather get a flash than try to fix this lens to work with my camera. ive been told that at 175 its a steal cause its a constant 2.8 lens which means you can shoot 2.8 at any focal range not just widest range. some actually message me on craigslist to tell me i shouldnt sell it and specially not at that price but i got it for about the same so whatever.

heres my craigslist add for some pictures.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pho/969967401.html

quote from seller on POTN. GetOnMyLevel: "it worked on my 1D, my XTi, and my friends XT."

It would work on the 300d too I believe. Tempted to buy it...hmm.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would work on the 300d too I believe. Tempted to buy it...hmm.
let me know if any of you want to buy it. however i dont take responsibility if its doesnt work.

i just looked up a sigma repair center and its just 1 hr from me so i am tempted to go and see what they say.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so it looks like i might start shooting for money. i will finally be able to say i am PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER :lol:
:thumbup:
Hope you do better than I did when I started, s**t sucked at first.
I wish i could spend a day at the beach during the winter time :cry:
Tomorrow's photogging = riding out on the SWS Party Boat for a full day adventure of pics

Includes: Snorkel, waverunners, waterski, kneeboard, rock wall, windsurf, kayaks, rafts, free beer, free lunch, etc....too bad I probably wont get to enjoy any of it, I'll have to be taking pics of people enjoying it :(
was trying to be a little creative. and finally learn shutter drag technique in low light conditions. should provide for some great nightclub shooting. :P
Probably won't though.

I kan haz D300?

Messing with flash to get exposure settings ready for a boat

Some shots of workplace and product

Only thing I ate and drank yesterday...at 1am

One good thing about getting to work early...

My shots vs. boss' shots...with his own cameras (canon ftl)
vs.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbup:
Hope you do better than I did when I started, s**t sucked at first.
Probably won't though.
i get 50 bucks for the first 2 shoots. if they decide they want me to keep taking pictures. i get 100 bucks a night for each party thereafter.

shutter drag is used a lot in nightclub photography with 2nd curtain sync to grab atmosphere ambient pics. its not good for people shots cause they get confused with the first few flashes and they look away for the real flash at the end. imma test out nye when i go out with some friends.

wtf: that picture has nothing to do with Canon. is he using a point and shoot or he doesnt know jack s**t....i dont think an slr is even capable of getting a shot that dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.