Evil Autostyle Electric Vadar Gauge Cluster

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word: crv clusters pwn
Yep, my only thing against mine is that it has an auto gauge on it and well theres not really any way to get rid of that since the manual gauges are hard as anything to find.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know anything about buddy club gauges? Did these ever come out?I would imagine these would be worth the time. regardless of price BC makes some Top of the line products.
Those gauges look the same as the Evil ones minus the bigger tach and speedo, i've never seen anyone with them. Me personally OEM is the best way to go. Or if you dont like the oem look theres always overlays but most on here will tell you thats the ricey way to go

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, my only thing against mine is that it has an auto gauge on it and well theres not really any way to get rid of that since the manual gauges are hard as anything to find.
you can order the manual gauge. thats what i did. evan can probably hook you up (sk8shorty017)

my cluster with ek9 bezel

Last edited:

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can order the manual gauge. thats what i did. evan can probably hook you up (sk8shorty017)

my cluster with ek9 bezel
hmm for some reason no pic came up but really, ill have to try and contact him about this. How much you pay for yours?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He paid a reasonable price. I want to say in the $60-$80 range which is worth it imo.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm for some reason no pic came up but really, ill have to try and contact him about this. How much you pay for yours?
fixed the pic
60-80 for just the manual gas/temp gauge?
that sounds about right. it was a brand new gauge. in all the CRV cluster + ek9 bezel + manual temp gauge cost about $130 ;)

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fixed the pic

that sounds about right. it was a brand new gauge. in all the CRV cluster + ek9 bezel + manual temp gauge cost about $130 ;)
damn. I picked both my crv clusters up for 30 bucks total, :lol:
Idk if that be worth it just for the manual temp/gas gauge, besides someone on ebay has one for cheap and im hoping to pick it up then sell the both of them for some profit
Btw with your new cluster, did you adjust your mileage to body? Or leave it alone?
Also i checked the pic, im not gonna lie it def looks like either very well matched painted tape or just paint in general over the auto indicators, ;)
Which i kinda think something paint or tape could def fix if i cant win this manual one on ebay. Btw that would give me 3 total, know anyone that would be interested in one or both of them? lol

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn. I picked both my crv clusters up for 30 bucks total, :lol:
Idk if that be worth it just for the manual temp/gas gauge, besides someone on ebay has one for cheap and im hoping to pick it up then sell the both of them for some profit
Btw with your new cluster, did you adjust your mileage to body? Or leave it alone?
Also i checked the pic, im not gonna lie it def looks like either very well matched painted tape or just paint in general over the auto indicators, ;)
Which i kinda think something paint or tape could def fix if i cant win this manual one on ebay. Btw that would give me 3 total, know anyone that would be interested in one or both of them? lol
yeah i paid about $40 shipped for my auto crv cluster. the original mileage was about 100k but i rolled it back to match my new motor. yes youre right about the tape, i uploaded the wrong photo on accident :rolf:. that photo was before i did the gauge swap, i put tape over the gear indicator to see what it would look like. ill get the other picture tonight when i get home

i tried to make the manual crv clusters and turn a profit, but the manual gauge swap kinda kills the profit margin. noone wants to pay $100+ for a virtually stock crv cluster when they go for $35 on ebay all day long, just in automatic version

*edit*
i actually had the crv cluster pic on my work computer and forgot about it :lol:

Attachments

Last edited:

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i paid about $40 shipped for my auto crv cluster. the original mileage was about 100k but i rolled it back to match my new motor. yes youre right about the tape, i uploaded the wrong photo on accident :rolf:. that photo was before i did the gauge swap, i put tape over the gear indicator to see what it would look like. ill get the other picture tonight when i get home

i tried to make the manual crv clusters and turn a profit, but the manual gauge swap kinda kills the profit margin. noone wants to pay $100+ for a virtually stock crv cluster when they go for $35 on ebay all day long, just in automatic version

*edit*
i actually had the crv cluster pic on my work computer and forgot about it :lol:

haha yeah, well someone almost bought my one for 80 on ebay but then last second decided it wasnt what he wanted. Suprised as i was most the auto crv cluster on ebay are like an avg of 80+ tho. Some as high as 150
So idk, like i said i hope to get this manual one then sell my 2 autos for a little profit. I figure i got em both at the junkyard with low mileage so someone might want them so maybe ill make some profit. Your tape job btw was good but unfort it wont work on either of mine because both have the "unleaded fuel only" at the top
Anyway thanks for the pic, it looks hot with the EK9 bezel, lol
I do got a few questions tho so ill just pm you the rest

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Uhh... Rolling miles on an odometer is NOT illegal as long as you match the miles on your original cluster. It becomes a federal offense when you make the new cluster read lower than the original.

NOFX posted a link a while ago about it:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1882730
Thanks. I was just now reading through this thread and all the posts saying it was completely against the law were driving me bonkers.

Basically as long as you have a notice and/or you're not trying to defraud anyone with it, you're good.

So others don't all have to click, here is the applicable part of the federal law involving odometer rollback.

Section 32704. Service, Repair, And Replacement

(a) Adjusting Mileage. - A person may service, repair, or replace an odometer of a motor vehicle if the mileage registered by the odometer remains the same as before the service, repair, or replacement. If the mileage cannot remain the same -
- (1) the person shall adjust the odometer to read zero; and
- (2) the owner of the vehicle or agent of the owner shall attach a written notice to the left door frame of the vehicle specifying the mileage before the service, repair, or replacement and the date of the service, repair, or replacement.

(b) Removing or Altering Notice. - A person may not, with intent to defraud, remove or alter a notice attached to a motor vehicle as required by this section.