Evil Autostyle Electric Vadar Gauge Cluster

masruque

5+ Year Member
it wasnt too hard but i wouldnt recommend you do it yourself unless you have prior knowledge of things as such.

well after u take off the cluster...i guess the most important thing is u have to frabicate the cluster a bit...
the instruction manual gives u precise and step by step methods to do it...
just be careful while doing so... apart from that u will have to remove some of the bulbs. and u should be done
All in all, just be a bit careful from the moment you take out the cluster to the moment to put it back in...

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh feel free to ask any questions.
i will try posting up the pics as soons as i am done with finals...the needles do light up red/reddish orange. the letterings light up white...the fuel and temp. gauges are completely digital so they do not have any needles.
as far as the mileage goes, i havent been able to transfer the original miles but i am going to try get in touch with some technician from a honda delaership or so and figure out if theres a way or not to transfer the miles...
Thats pretty cool. Cant wait for pics. I have thought very seriously about getting them so good luck with the mileage thing...

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how precise is it compared to OE? the tachometer in particular.

have you guys seen the Buddyclub one? speedometer goes to 160mpg, and the tachometer goes to 10k. Any news on when it will be released?
http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/Cluster_gauges_set/eDM/Cluster_gauges_eDM.htm

i think i'm going to call buddy club tomorrow to see if they have any info on when theirs will be released... if it's not soon i will probbaly sick with the vadar, i wish they came with built in shift lights !!!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't wait for the pics bro..!

masruque

5+ Year Member
it is just a tiny bit more precise. The meters are pressurised; so no matter how much you move the needles they will allign-up to its original position once the ignintion is turned on. That takes the worry out of moving the needles while installing it.
Personally i beleive the buddy club and vadar looks pretty much the same except the logos. the vadar is a bit more subtle than the buddy club without its un-necessary badging all over the tacho and speedo, except for one tiny one. The vadar does come with a shift light however.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats hot! damm i want one and i am selling my rear disc swap today....impulse purchase?

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i sold it an hour ago...it was sitting in the garage for like 5 months and it would have never gone on till the summer so i sold it tonight.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, i haven't seen that before. definitely nicer over the oem one. but for over $200......can't wait to see the pics.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i personally dont have a taste for it. reminds me of a toy or a video game :what:

i like simple gauges, thats why i downgraded from Si cluster to CRV cluster...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol toy or videogame ? hows that?
im really not going to scratch my head to explain it, it just does IMHO. im not saying its stupid, just not my taste. i like clean simple and low profile ;) if i want to see gauge sweeps and lots of busy stuff ill look at my apexi power commander

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im really not going to scratch my head to explain it, it just does IMHO. im not saying its stupid, just not my taste. i like clean simple and low profile ;) if i want to see gauge sweeps and lots of busy stuff ill look at my apexi power commander
is the CRV cluster plug and play?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was thinking of getting a CR-V cluster....any night time pics..?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was thinking of getting a CR-V cluster....any night time pics..?
we need to stop thread jacking this kid. i just got the cluster in friday, no pics yet. mine is from an auto so it has the P-R-N-D-D1-D2 gear indicator between the fuel and temp gauge. manual crv clusters are ridiculously rare, i found one on ebay and was outbid so i said f**k it and got an auto. ill probably just lay a piece of black electrical tape across the gear indicator :lol:

there is one on ebay right now for $45 shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-99-00-01-Honda-CR-V-Speedometer-Speedo-Cluster_W0QQitemZ190181576257QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33678QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks cool, the only thing I don't really like is that it says Evil on it.