Evo 8

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What does everyone think about the Evo 8? My bro just bought one this summer and it currently has 813 miles.

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is bad my buddy got all the bushur racing stuff they got out for it and he is waiting for the bigger turbo. UR bro alto take the wing off it its HOTTER w/o it ..i think

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YEah my bro said hes going to do the works to it. I live 45 away from Bushur racing =). What mods has your friend done to the car besides getting a bigger tubro?

exoin

STi Driver
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A bigger turbo??? Its already pushing 19 psi. My STi is only 14.5 psi and I can beat it in the 1/4 mile. As far as looks they are both ugly. But the STi is better IMO.

AZSprmnn

From AK to AZ to AK to OR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
evo 8 all the way. i love them, i like the looks of them, and im just a big mitsu fan to begin with. the sti is too ugly for me but id still buy one, there both good cars, specialy wear im from! hehe! alaska race season - November-February

DelSho

i love gooold!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by exoin
A bigger turbo??? Its already pushing 19 psi. My STi is only 14.5 psi and I can beat it in the 1/4 mile. As far as looks they are both ugly. But the STi is better IMO.
you think you'r sti is ugly, well than you don't deserve it. lol the sti is sweet looking for real!:yummy:

StTz98Ex

Would you eat this?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mmm.. evo 8.. a girl at my school owns one.. her daddy bought it for her.. its damn nice.. i want it..

i wish my daddy owned a bank

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha me too... Heck wish my parents would have paid for my civic. If i did not have car payments I could do alot of mods.

bcivic94

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by exoin
if you think the STi is ugly why did you buy it?

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your gonna tune it the EVO hands down, it already handels better out of the box than the STI and since its a more traditional engine with a front mounted intercooler its easier to work with.

i mean the STI is a nice car, i actually prefer it over the EVO since it looks so much better, but the boxter engine is tricky sometimes and the top mounted intercooler is a poor design.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the STi better but the Evo is pimp as well....

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That evo is tough as hell. I like it. I'm not real crazy about the looks of the sti either...

blaklyte

-Nothin' Last Forever-
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like it, if only I could be a little rich boy !!!!!

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the Evo 8 my one friend has one i think it is pretty fast

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like them both but I hear the sti is more reliable... if the even matters. But no seriously a buddy of mine was a mechanic at mitsu and he said that there have been cases of the tranny spining on its mounts. to much torqe to little transmision

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id take teh STi but...i dont like teh new head lights belive it or not i want teh bug eys back. but the only way im gunna get a bug eyed STi is if i slap down bout 100k (cdn) to get 1 imported

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sik_civic said:
id take teh STi but...i dont like teh new head lights belive it or not i want teh bug eys back. but the only way im gunna get a bug eyed STi is if i slap down bout 100k (cdn) to get 1 imported

or you could buy an 03 or 04 STI in america for about 30grand and just put the old WRX front end on it, i mean its basicaly the same goddamn car, they only gave it a minor face lift, its nothing a few grand in bodywork can't fix.....

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think both cars are badass but i gotta say the evo is my favorite with the sti a close 2nd

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i guess thats a good idea....but i like the idea of havin a RHD..and the tailights r diff but all in all i guess it wud be cheaper than importing 1