Exhaust Tips opinions?

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My only real issue with the exhaust (I don't count the tip, I can live with that) is when I installed it, I had two jack stands and a 30 year old floor jack in my driveway.

The holes on the flanges are a touch larger than the bolts, you can move each piece a couple few MM's one way or the other.

When I first installed it the upper right corner of the tip was touching the bumper, and vibrating off of it. I loosened the axleback portion and shook it so it doesn't touch now, but it'll still vibrate off the bumper if I'm running my air.

I need to get back under the car and shake the s-pipe portion too.

I guess my long winded rant here is that if you have a good mechanic that won't charge you a tooth and an ass cheek to install it for you, have him do it! It would have been worth an extra $50-75 bucks to have it done for me, but than again I'm a lazy sob! ;)

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also see Waldo going out for a walk and watching you take a picture of your car:
Yeah, that dude is a solid creeper, he usually walks in the afternoon with a few Miller 64's in his hands watching people

Zedicous

I wanted to know what are members opinions on them? I have a '99 DX Sedan and wouldn't want to spend upwards to ~$600 on a quality system that sounds quiet but adds some to very little performance to my little D-series. I want that polished filling look to clean up the rear end, maybe i'll end up purchasing a rear lip too. I'm aware the typical response would be 'it's your car, do what you want with it' but I do care about what other people think about my car too and I wouldn't want to give the impression that i'm really cheap or something similar to that. I like the way the exhaust fits here (but dislike the body color + taillights) Any opinions/suggestions?
I liked the Tanabe Medallion Touring so much on my DC5, two years ago i put it on my EJ1 also.