f**k Anderson Silva.

CivicPartsGuy7

i really dont see how you guys think he is so wrong for what he did i mean maia was the challenger so he should have made moves. I myself didnt like when he kicked his hand but other then that it was just a fight between a much much much better opponent
Go watch Anderson fight Rich Franklin, Chris leban or Dan Henderson... then watch the maia fight.
Your really not sure why we think Anderson was slackin ?

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id agree that GSP makes money
but any time people hear silvas name they'll come watch to see either his talent or a funny show
So, you watch UFC for guys dancing around, being complete idiots and not for the talent they have for combat? Sorry, but when I hear Silva, I'm looking for a great knock out or action packed round. Everyone I was with last night gave up on watching after the 3rd round.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't have to lie.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So, you watch UFC for guys dancing around, being complete idiots and not for the talent they have for combat? Sorry, but when I hear Silva, I'm looking for a great knock out or action packed round. Everyone I was with last night gave up on watching after the 3rd round.
It's bad when the president of the UFC walks out in the middle of the fight.

nice rice

5+ Year Member
course im looking for a good fight, so thats what all the other bouts are for
so if he decides to be comical then i'll just laugh

I don't have to lie.
mmkay. you go believe whatever you want to believe man

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If Silva gets knocked out, I'm sure he makes an excuse on how it happened "Oh, he didn't have his Wheaties that morning."

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn, lot of disagreements going on in this thread. I do believe that is someone who is the challenger, they should be pushing the fight. If neither fighter makes a move, how has the challenger proven that he deserves the title? Thats just my opinion.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe he was just being considerate.

By not knocking him out, his opponent won't be as sore in the following days after the fight, and won't be as embarrassed by fighting the whole 5 rounds.

He was also being considerate to the crowd by giving them their money's worth. "Hey, you guys didn't pay millions to see 2 minutes of action, you get a full-on show!"

lulz.

Or maybe he just didn't want to get Maia's blood on his brand new set of gloves?

Wait, what if the frequent visitor's of 4chan's /b/ section secretly collected donations by tricking people to give money to those injured with penis fractures, gathered up millions of dollars and paid Silva to act like that?

It also could of been illegal in Silva's religion to NOT showboat in the country of Dubai.

Last edited by a moderator:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF?! All jokes aside, I just watched that video and I didn't see any showboating, you guys are just discriminating against tall, bald-headed men in a 8 sided enclosure in the country of Dubai.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i havnt liked andserson silva's attitute and showboating in the last 3 or 4 fights hes had. I think that lastnight was the last straw, and daina white is going to start to crack down on this s**t.
i gotta admit, i spoke too soon in my first post about him doing what he wants. i hadnt even seen the fight yet, i honestly thought it was the same s**t he did in his fight against griffin. i think OC said earlier something about trying to get maia fired up, that is what he was doing against forrest, i dont think thats what he was doing in this fight. the fight against forrest he was slapping his chest yelling come on! at forrest, trying to get behind the action, the fans were allll about it too. you can see the difference in this fight, he was getting bood.

Go watch Anderson fight Rich Franklin, Chris leban or Dan Henderson... then watch the maia fight.
Your really not sure why we think Anderson was slackin ?
agreed, maia didnt push s**t. in the franklin, leban, and henderson fights they all came with their best, they werent scared which made for a good fight. honestly i think dana should be just as disappointed in maia as in anderson. maia didnt do s**t, anderson was trying to make the fight more entertaining but i think he went about it all wrong. i dont think the fight would have made it out of the first round if silva didnt want it too.

idk, its all an opinion. just my :twocents:

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
silva is a douche. it was funny to watch at times but it did make a mockery of ufc. Exactly what Dana said in the first interview linked earlier in this thread "I'd rather have Silva knock him out than toy with him." It wasn't right what silva did. With that said, silva is a monster when he wants to be. Silva vs Gsp would be an interesting fight... Gsp will take silva to the floor so silva had better start working on either his takedown defense (good luck with that) or he had better figure out how he is going to beat Gsp on the floor.

hey nice rice - are you even old enough to drive that civic that you claim to have in your garage?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AHAHAH go tell him that. he'll knock you the f**k out
fool dont hate when he's the best, straight pound for pound best,
you are out of your f**king mind and simply regurgitating the BS Silva nutswinging that is modern UFC.. the single BEST fighter to EVER walk the planet is Fedor.. there is NO question about it.. period.. IF they could ever meet and some middle ground weight Fedor would literally rip him to f**king pieces.. Silva IS talented but definitely NOT the BEST..

CivicPartsGuy7

OC Civic ,Cool i can tell you visit the UG or sherdog a little. i almost forgot what forum i was in for a min
The real reason dana is mad is because alot of people like to watch the PPV at 9 pm...the fight was live early afternoon and when people heard about the main event they decided it was not worth buying...ufc lost alot of ppv $ for the 9 pm show.
Somethings going on..been watchin pride and ufc for over 10 years and that was flat out weird....