I'm from San Pedro Laguna

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can speak or understand tagalog they say no so yeah f**k them :lol:
I can't so what me? hehe my gramps can tho and 6 other languages so that makes up for me (not really lol)

Yeah my great grandfather was actually the 1st governor of Guam,

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm from San Pedro Laguna
wow that's awesome man

I can't so what me? hehe my gramps can tho and 6 other languages so that makes up for me (not really lol)

Yeah my great grandfather was actually the 1st governor of Guam,
yeah that's right shane big f**k you :lol: but on a serious note i do remember you telling me that your grand daddy is the governor

RonJ

Banned
it is sad i laugh at some of them when they say i'm proud to be a filipino but when i ask if they can speak or understand tagalog they say no so yeah f**k them :lol:
Filipino heritage or any other heritage is acquired by blood not language. There must be a thousand tribal dialects in this country composed of numerous islands.

I am most proud of my Filipino heritage for the invention of the Yo-Yo, which was apparently originally a weapon used to deliver head blows from high trees.:P

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's true ronj but please don't say I'm a proud filipino but at the same time if you can't even understand the language if your so proud of the heritage then why won't u learn it?. I blame the parents of this kids

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess I can't be proud of anything since I'm American errr I mean monolingual ;)

RonJ

Banned
That's true ronj but please don't say I'm a proud filipino but at the same time if you can't even understand the language if your so proud of the heritage then why won't u learn it?. I blame the parents of this kids
You are both arrogant and ignorant. What gives you the right to decide that I am only allowed to be proud of my Filipino heritage if I speak Tagalog? My ancestry consists of Filipino, Puerto Rican, English, German, and probably some I don't even know about. I am proud of all of my heritage. And no, this pride is not diminished by the fact that I don't speak Tagalog or German and that my Spanish is weak. I am here to tell you and anyone with Filipino heritage to be proud of it whether or not you can speak Tagalog.

I say that if you don't have good Yo-Yo skill, then you must not be a real Filipino.:x

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow there ronj no disrespecting right here man I'm just voicing my opinion here if direspect you I sincerly apologies. If u want ill delete my pevious post

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jay that one burned man, I consider you lucky you know Tagalog, many newer generations born in the US chose not to teach their kids the language, you can't blame us for that, it's deff a diff mindset now then when they immigrated. My grandmother for instance refused to teach her kids spanish, she wanted an American family so that's what we got, love it or hate it. I wish today she taught my mom but I can't be mad at her for it.

RonJ

Banned
Wow there ronj no disrespecting right here man I'm just voicing my opinion here if direspect you I sincerly apologies. If u want ill delete my pevious post
It's your opinion, so only delete it if you don't believe in what you posted. I am just pointing out that you do yourself and Filipinos a disservice by denigrating some Filipino-Americans who don't speak Tagalog. You should embrace them, not push them away.

808EK96

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm third gen. w/ a little spanish. My grandma and grandpa used to tell me about Marcos and his reign. They hated him...which is the reason they moved to Hawaii.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jay that one burned man, I consider you lucky you know Tagalog, many newer generations born in the US chose not to teach their kids the language, you can't blame us for that, it's deff a diff mindset now then when they immigrated. My grandmother for instance refused to teach her kids spanish, she wanted an American family so that's what we got, love it or hate it. I wish today she taught my mom but I can't be mad at her for it.
hey man i'm not trying to start s**t here but i don't get why parents won't teach their kids about there heritage?. are they ashamed of it or what?
It's your opinion, so only delete it if you don't believe in what you posted. I am just pointing out that you do yourself and Filipinos a disservice by denigrating some Filipino-Americans who don't speak Tagalog. You should embrace them, not push them away.
i'm not pushing it away man i'm just pointing out that some doesn't embrace their heritage that's all

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i'm not trying to start s**t here but i don't get why parents won't teach their kids about there heritage?. are they ashamed of it or what?

i'm not pushing it away man i'm just pointing out that some doesn't embrace their heritage that's all
no s**t man just opinions,

So we can't be proud b/c of what our parents did?

Being mixed like myself isn't easy man, growing up it was hard to be accepted b/c I wasn't white, or 100% mexican or asian, to say I can't be proud of anything isn't right.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i never said you can't be proud i'm just saying why parents won't teach their kids their language/heritage is that hard to do or what?

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol i guess i already forgot what i wrote already :lol:. alright i don't wanna argue anymore please lets just all calm down and be friends again

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You are my friend and I'm calm bro, just sayin =)

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll stick to my opinion and you guys stick with yours :D

RonJ

Banned
What you are saying to them is pushing them away. You are, in effect, excluding them from the Filipino club if they don't speak the native tongue. There's no getting around that. If you are only comfortable with Filipinos who speak Tagalog, then you should consider moving back to the Philippines. By the way, what percentage of Filipinos speak Tagalog? I'm sure all of the educated class, but the Philippines are composed of many many islands where the natives speak different languages, right? So would you also suggest that these natives don't have the right to be proud of their Filipino heritage?