First project car! Where do I start HP Wise!?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you mean you wont do a swap unless its for a K-series...
or...
you wont do a swap because a K-series is the only option you'd consider and it costs too much?

Last edited:

Dovelx

You just said the same thing twice. But what I'm getting from what y'all are telling me is a K swap is the only option worth doing. Could you tell me what would be the best bang for my buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah, I said two different things because I wasnt sure which of the two you meant. I basically was trying to clarify if your personal options were just manual K-swap vs. current set-up or current set-up vs. several other potential swaps. I can see how it sounds identical though.

Im not familiar with 7th gen.s so I cant speak in detail, but Im sure there are more available options beside a K-swap, even though the K's seem to be best bang for your buck according to most.

Dovelx

How much roughly do you think a k swap would run? If I got a shop to do everything

Over 3k?

Guessing it's more like 3x that

dancam

Registered VIP
You picked a tough car to be your first project on a limited budget.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
No, there is no other option.

7th gen Civics electronics match up with 4th Gen Integra (k series). That's why those few turbo'd d17s run Kpro.

You're looking from 5-7k, depending on how resourceful you are and how much work you do yourself. It wont be a weekend job.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No, there is no other option.

7th gen Civics electronics match up with 4th Gen Integra (k series). That's why those few turbo'd d17s run Kpro.

You're looking from 5-7k, depending on how resourceful you are and how much work you do yourself. It wont be a weekend job.
$5-7k?? s**t, my Type S with a K20 already to go only cost me $5700.... though no labor fees obv

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You still have to buy kpro to get the swap to run correctly

Engine wont be that expensive

6spd wont be exactly cheap

Axles, shift linkage and box, exhaust, mounts etc. It adds up. Really if you want a k series car just buying an RSX is the cheapest route.

Buying everything secondhand MIGHT cut the cost in half though.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why dump all that money into it? 7th gens are s**t , just sell it, buy a si or rsx and call it day

dancam

Registered VIP
why dump all that money into it? 7th gens are s**t , just sell it, buy a si or rsx and call it day
Lol, i agree. I have had 4 7th gens and dislike them very greatly.
Why do you want to do stuff to this particular car so bad?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
iv had a 7th gen myself, i hated that f**king car with a passion, its f**king ugly , has no soul, its not even fun or enjoyable to drive, its just a econo s**t box.

dancam

Registered VIP
iv had a 7th gen myself, i hated that f**king car with a passion, its f**king ugly , has no soul, its not even fun or enjoyable to drive, its just a econo s**t box.
No soul is the worst part. Both my brother and i really enjoyed working on cars until we got 7th gen civics. That killed it. So many design flaws its unreal. Pain in the butt to work on and no joy whatsoever in driving it. Cant even stay comfortable for over 2 hours in it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The 7th Gen Honda Civic: The red-headed step child that has no soul.

daperez13

Respected
Dovelx,

First, just to confirm, what year is the car?

If indeed it's a 7th gen automatic, do yourself a favor and do not put any money into it (performance wise). This is not what you want to hear but you don't have to believe me, believe the numerous of disappointed owners. You're going to drop a few hundred maybe even a couple thousand on headers, intake, exhaust, maybe some head work and you're still only going to net just a few hp. You will hate yourself for spending all that money with no real results. You don't want to go forced induction, which in reality, will be more hp for the money. And by the time you're done with the k-swap, you will have drained your pockets and gone into debt (based on your knowledge and how resourceful you are).

Don't mess with the car, put it for sale and get something that you'll enjoy driving and that's worth upgrading. Thank you for your service and good luck with your decision.

Dovelx

I'm Thinking that may be the best decision. I'm still gonna keep this though for my get around car. Because I have ideas for it just to clean it up. But I appreciate your input but my next car won't be a Honda probably something American