Floralvikings' Del Sol (Soon...)

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How much would that lower the car, about?
The Tein S. Tech says it will lower it about 1.5"
The Tein High Tech says it will lower it about 1.2"
Both are under $200 shipped through ClubCivic.

Go to the Civic Parts Store along the tabs up top and go to Specials.
There you will see the Tein Springs they have. I think its a great first mod if all other maintanance is taken care of.

floralvikings

The Tein S. Tech says it will lower it about 1.5"
The Tein High Tech says it will lower it about 1.2"
Both are under $200 shipped through ClubCivic.

Go to the Civic Parts Store along the tabs up top and go to Specials.
There you will see the Tein Springs they have. I think its a great first mod if all other maintanance is taken care of.

Excellent! I will definitely look into it!

floralvikings

I just got a really depressing phone call. I guess it's a good thing I haven't actually bought it yet b/c he just called and told me it's not running and he can't figure out why. Unless it's something really simple/stupid I'm probably gonna back out. All the delays and now this kinda gives me a sign not to buy it =(

[EDIT]

Looks to be just a dead battery (hopefully)

floralvikings

Woohoo!

So he got his money today, now I'm just waiting to get the A/C fixed in the civic so I can sell it and for him to buy his new ride so he can sell me the Sol :lol:

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Clean ride minus the dent. Slam that thing and call if a day

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn, thats exciting. Hopefully everything goes well. Whats the ETA for you getting the Sol?

floralvikings

WOOHOO It's in my driveway! Gotta call the insurance company tomorrow and I'm still gonna be driving the civic until it sells, but I'm paying him tomorrow and on Monday it will be MINE!!!!!!!

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats freaking exciting! So what's the final price? And what are your immediate plans for it?

floralvikings

Final price will be 2800, before tax and such. Immediate plans are fixing that dent, putting in a power antenna and fixing the panels that weren't put in properly after the insulation. Other than that, probably nothing too fancy. Maybe some lowering springs but I don't really have much cash on hand. I recently had to drop about 3k into my teeth for some root canals and crowns so money's tight. Gonna have some pics up tomorrow in daylight when I can take my time and make them look good. Went ahead and added it to my insurance tonight so I can tool around in it this weekend :suprise:

Hopefully I'll sell the civic soon and be able to drop it so I can actually afford my insurance :???:

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, and since it's actually mine now, if a mod could change the thread title so that it doesn't read "soon" anymore I'd really appreciate it =)

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Final price will be 2800, before tax and such. Immediate plans are fixing that dent, putting in a power antenna and fixing the panels that weren't put in properly after the insulation. Other than that, probably nothing too fancy. Maybe some lowering springs but I don't really have much cash on hand. I recently had to drop about 3k into my teeth for some root canals and crowns so money's tight. Gonna have some pics up tomorrow in daylight when I can take my time and make them look good. Went ahead and added it to my insurance tonight so I can tool around in it this weekend :suprise:

Hopefully I'll sell the civic soon and be able to drop it so I can actually afford my insurance :???:
How do you plan on doing the power antenna? I haven't really looked into it but its definately something i want to do. Did it come on any del sol's JDM or EDM? I hate how tall it is and that if i want it in or out i have to do it manually. :/

So you have to pay tax on the car? Here in AZ if its person to person(not a dealership) you don't have to pay tax. What del sol is it, S, Si, VTEC? and is it 5 speed? I think you posted that on your first post but i forgot, i guess i can just check.

floralvikings

How do you plan on doing the power antenna? I haven't really looked into it but its definately something i want to do. Did it come on any del sol's JDM or EDM? I hate how tall it is and that if i want it in or out i have to do it manually. :/

So you have to pay tax on the car? Here in AZ if its person to person(not a dealership) you don't have to pay tax. What del sol is it, S, Si, VTEC? and is it 5 speed? I think you posted that on your first post but i forgot, i guess i can just check.
It's an S model, 5 speed.

The power antenna isn't an OEM option that I'm aware, I'm just going to use an aftermarket one with this guide.

And yeah, in Texas we have to pay like 10.5% tax on the blue book value of any car bought to get the title transferred. Although I'm good friends with a notary so I'm probably going to acquire this Sol as a "gift" ;)
(There's only like a $10 tax on gifted vehicles)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats up with the Sols poping up lately?

floralvikings

Oh man I drove it all day at work yesterday... It drives like a brand new car. Handles so nice. I never thought I'd think of my civic as handling poorly, but god this thing is amazing by comparison. I'm actually glad it doesn't have power steering, I love the road feel and response. I tried to get some pics at work but never had time, and I had a car topper on so it would have kind of ruined them.

My camera's kinda crap so pics are gonna be few and far between when I have time to take my time and get good pictures.

Right now I'm getting ready to get the interior panels and carpeting back fitting nice and snug around the insulation. I'm gonna have to replace that rear panel with the dent so that's got to wait until money's not so tight and I can afford to get the panel and do a good paint job. I'm also thinking about doing the valve cover in black and cleaning up the bay. Anything I can do that's either free or really cheap :lol:

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dude, don't skimp on the pics. Even if they're crappy. I realized it's way better to have crappy pics than no pics. All my pic have been cellphone pics and they look decent. All we've seen so far are the first ones of the car before it was yours. Post some interior and engine bay.

floralvikings

Dude, don't skimp on the pics. Even if they're crappy. I realized it's way better to have crappy pics than no pics. All my pic have been cellphone pics and they look decent. All we've seen so far are the first ones of the car before it was yours. Post some interior and engine bay.
Haha ok then. I'll get some up after work tonight, the parking lot always empties out so I'll have a lot of room

floralvikings

It's in bad need of a thorough cleaning, which I'm kind of doing as I go whenever I get a chance at work. I took the night off because there were five other drivers tonight and more drivers=less money per driver.

My apologies for the pics, it's a bad camera and a worse photographer :roll:

First, the nastiness...

And the carpet problem... You can see the insulation there. I'm gonna have to cut some of either the carpet or the insulation away to get everything to gel again.

Quick interior shots, ignore the Armorall and CD in the passenger floorboard :lol:

Engine bay:

Dive Texas sticker for any divers out there =)

More junk

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so, what's the first mod going to be?