1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Fog Light Bulb Size

Discussion in 'Exterior / Detailing / Bodywork' started by Magic420, Aug 3, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Magic420

Magic420 New Member 5+ Year Member

Anyone knonw the Fog Light Bulb size, I want to switch them with HId or LED bulbs..

2. NFR_AP2

NFR_AP2 New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

thanks for flooding us with information....what kind of foglights do you have??? usually they are H3...

3. GETxERxDONE

GETxERxDONE New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

the OEM 8thgen foglight bulb size are H11

4. Declectic

Declectic SeanJohn1802 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

#1 you can't just throw an HID bulb in a halogen lamp
    #2 LED bulb definitely will not work
    #3 what is your goal??
    #4 GETxERxDONE is right, H11

5. gearbox

gearbox New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

led bulb is nice if you wanna convert it to a parking light. should work fine goto autolumination.com and hid will cause way too much glare, even the stock halogens glare alot.

6. RippinTheStreet

RippinTheStreet New Member

would the bulbs be the same size for the 92-95 fog lights?

7. anhtran

anhtran New Member

fog light

i have a civic si 09. and i already have a hid lights on my low beam, its 6k. is it possible to take it down to the fog lights?

8. J*ka_Em2

J*ka_Em2 New Member

can you have different color fog lights besides clear, yellow, and smoked lens?

9. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Old thread but nice to see some people still research.

I believe you can get lamin-x to put on your fog lights. I know some people have gotten yellow lamin-x to put over their clear fog lights. But yellow fog light bulbs essentially do the same thing unless you want the yellow cover look.

But out of curiosity, why do you want anything other then the 3 you mentioned? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have most of the other colors (especially red and blue).

10. J*ka_Em2

J*ka_Em2 New Member

yea i see how much hell people catch when they make a new thread on something that has already been made so i wanted to avoid that lol

but i wanted to get purple fog lights for low beams, but when i was looking around, i saw that purple is the highest intensity that they have and since it is rare that people have colored fog lights, i kinda assumed that they might be illegal in most states, but i wouldnt mind having the clear or smoked fog lights though, i just thought you could make them different colors