Fog light wiring question

mkvldc4

this is the harness i rewired. The black wires were once blue until they melted and the yellow is ground in the later picture were its connected to the relay the end is blue(had to extend no more yellow wire).the original had three blue wires coming from the fogs one with a male connector (which i assume goes to the red wire with the female connector).And the other Two were hooked up to the relay along with the yellow ground cable from the fogs.Theres a inline 15a fuse (not pictured).

heres the relay .30 (+) is the bottom one ,86 (-),87 (lamp) 85 (switch) this is what the back of the relay box read,

power source with inline 15a to relay (30).
Switch connection
im guessing blue is ground because of the clip looking end it has and red goes to light since it has a female end.and yellow goes to fuse box?why is the two spliced together?

RonJ

Banned
Images are not visible. Click the picture button and then paste the direct picture link into the pop up window.

Here's the end result:

this is the harness i rewired. The black wires were once blue until they melted and the yellow is ground in the later picture were its connected to the relay the end is blue(had to extend no more yellow wire).the original had three blue wires coming from the fogs one with a male connector (which i assume goes to the red wire with the female connector).And the other Two were hooked up to the relay along with the yellow ground cable from the fogs.Theres a inline 15a fuse (not pictured).

heres the relay .30 (+) is the bottom one ,86 (-),87 (lamp) 85 (switch) this is what the back of the relay box read,

power source with inline 15a to relay (30).

Switch connection
im guessing blue is ground because of the clip looking end it has and red goes to light since it has a female end.and yellow goes to fuse box?why is the two spliced together?

mkvldc4

thanks man im on my tv or tablet most of the time its a lil harder then a computer.do u think we can get somewer now with these pics.?

RonJ

Banned
Second picture from bottom - power source. What did you tap into for the power source in the hood fuse box? I can't tell.

RonJ

Banned
Do your instructions and the company's site provide a circuit diagram? If so, post it.

mkvldc4

no diagram from manufacturer just written directions and pic of harness .power source is from hood fuse box

mkvldc4

need adobe reader ,going to have to wait till i have my tablet in hand
maybe you can take a look its at SpyderAuto.com/installation_guide.php

RonJ

Banned
Which installation guide? - there's fog light and Halo fog light. I assume fog light but want to be sure.

RonJ

Banned
Here are the instructions:
1) Run fog light switch through firewall

2) Connect Power Wires (White) to the Battery

3) Connect both Ground wlres (black) to any Ground Source

4) Connect the Ignition wires on Parking Lights or Run thru Firewall and hot wire to Ignition fuse located in the fuse box (requires extra wires)

5) Connect the Male and Female plug together (red)

6) Inside the car, locate the Space for the switch to be put on and then connect the switch.
Let's start with step 2. Describe exactly what you did. This is the question I asked in posts 24 and 27 but you never answered.

mkvldc4

on the fuse box theres a positive lead its the white wire not sure were it goes but i know its a +

RonJ

Banned
on the fuse box theres a positive lead its the white wire not sure were it goes but i know its a +
That's fine. The Wht wire delivers voltage produced by the alternator to the battery. I would have chosen the black battery wire next to the white wire, but it should be okay.

Step 3 -- where did you attach the black ground wires?

mkvldc4

Ground on right fog is by read light its on bare metal for sure,switch ground is place by the hood lever under the dash.