For Everyone's Information!!!!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This just happens to be a pet peeve of mine... but

EVERYON PLEASE STOP CALLING THE 6th GEN HATCH BACK "EK"(9)

It is not an EK9, EK9 is a f**kin Type R

its pretty much been cleared up by anf:
Originally posted by anfrey
wtf are you guys talking about!?!!?!? i'm chewing both of you out!!!

EJ6 = dx, d16y7
EJ8 = ex, d16y8

i know because i've owned both.
even though anf, you still put EK(9) yourself...

I'm just personally tired of seeing people put EK when its f**kin NOT...

also, check this out

cadence - just joined the site (as I'm posting this) to ask about the color code for MR.. under his avatar what do i notice??

Car: ek9
.............................................:roll:

[/end rant]

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hahahaha good rant, i had a good laugh

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha man i hate that s**t too ... like people call 5th gen hatches EG's when they are EH's .... and people callin 4th gens EF's when they are ED's

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what makes you so special that you can complain about the mistakes other people make...? you don't see us making threads about your mistakes, do you? would you like us to start doing that.....?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm... good thing my name is correct... or else id be getting ripped on...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Team 4R
what makes you so special that you can complain about the mistakes other people make...? you don't see us making threads about your mistakes, do you? would you like us to start doing that.....?
the problem is people dont regard it as a mistake because jdm is so "mAd tyte y0!" ... ive gotten in many arguements cause people keep callin their 4th gens EF's instead of EDs.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Team 4R
PLEASE... GO RIGHT THE f**k AHEAD AND POINT THEM OUT!!!

because then maybe i wont be making mistakes right??? :P

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5th gen hatch is not EG????? You got me.....

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 92CivicVX
5th gen hatch is not EG????? You got me.....
nope go check your vin ... you should see the eh in there.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man it's all slang anyways.

when were talking about a b16a2 or b16a3 or b16a in general we just say B16 and everyone knows what were talking about.
If someone says EG we know they're talking about a fifth gen. If they say EK we know they're talking about a 6th gen. People still call a mustang GT a 5.0 even though its a 4.6. The terms have become as loose as JDM. If someone says "Naws" we automatically know they're talking about nitrous oxide (even though we know they're wannabe ricer retards who watch too much TV). Some things we just can't change.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont mind using eg and ek, but i do hate seeing eg6 and ek9 b/c those are specific codes. when i see eg6, i expect a damn sir hatch, same thing with ek9. but i dont mind seeing just the chassis code eg as a 5th gen. its so common now there is no changing it. i know if i started saying eh2 then some people would be like "wtf is he talking about?" so i agree with half your rant. general code-ok; specific chassis-bad

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i agree with you daniel, and yes at times i have also called 6th gen hatches EKs, although they're all EJs in usdm-land. what is the chassis code for the CX? is it still an ej6?

i think if we all recognize the disctioction between usdm chassis codes and jdm chassis codes, it'd be for the best. that way we'd know waht we mean. like EH for usdm 5gen and EG for jdm 5gen (although i'm sure they were available in toher markets... so many non-usdm 5gen?) can't tell for sure until we compile a huge chassis code list. i'm attempting to do that at the moment =) i wanna have a database: chassis code / years / engine / trim level / body style / available colours

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok im kind of new with the whole eg and ed or whatever it is. can u explain what the hell those things mean....lol... dude im confizzled.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
me and anf are working on a thread that should clear EVERYTHING up and is specific...

basically i was just rantin about people sayin " i want to ge an ek" and this and that

ek refers to a hatch back.. .thing is when people say i want an ek the only EK is the civic SIR2 or Type R...

the hatches are EJ's only...etc etc.. you'll just stick around on the boards and you'lll get the hang of it

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Melt
nope go check your vin ... you should see the eh in there.
Your right! Well at least i know now

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
just adding some extra information, and researching a bit more.... the list that's been compiled is IMMENSE, and is civic only. please wait for (near) completion, or look in the vip lounge if u have access.