Status
Not open for further replies.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size turbo is that anyways man? upgrade the injectors and get an FMU/ pressure regulator (and of course as stated above many times, real I.C. piping.) oh, and youll need a blow off valve bro...

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
Sorry btw if i can't afford three grand to shell out on something fancy. And your 1.8 is only .3 liters more than my engine. so really, you've got a small engine to.
ha, I bet i dont even have a total of 3 grand in my setup.. but even still im not stupid enough to use pool hosing for intercooler piping. & About my motor being only .3 bigger.. I wasnt speaking of displacement, I was speaking more of over all size. & with "only" .3 less then me you still hardly put down maybe 1/4 of the out my engine has. & dont talk about afording s**t to me.. Im the brokest mofo you would ever meet. I just know wtf im doing.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i see this thread going down hill already.
wait whats new?

04TXtoys

5+ Year Member
I think its funny as hell! battle of the hoopty's!!!

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
Hey guys, ya'll crack me up. I just read through your posts, couldn't stop laughing. Pool hose definitely cannot hold boost, and yes the pool hose broke once already, i cut it where it broke and put it back into the intercooler, then it blew out of the coupler holding it to the compressor tonight when i got on it pretty hard, blew off the second I hit 6000rpm for the first time.Besides that i have been shifting at about 5000, trying to take it easy. Someone told me that i should plug off the vacuum to the fuel regulator and that would give me more fuel pressure, is that accurate information? I know I need some real ic piping. but that's all i had available at the time. I installed it at my uncles house, he's got a bunch of junk cars there and i found that pool hose in the back of an old chevy truck. I'm missing the stud outta that bolt hole in the picture. If i get to the track friday i'll post my eight mile time on here. I did have a clear dizzy cap on there, but it got really nasty inside and i've not cleaned it back up yet. I'll try to get some steel ic piping on there by friday for the strip.
hahahahah so racing an eight mile race wonder what your times will be 30mins HAHAHAHAH, SLOW. If you meant 1/8mile only sissy's run 1/8mile. Real racers run 1/4mile GEEZ

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ahahah i rember that thred lol awhile back good job on pics

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
hahahahah so racing an eight mile race wonder what your times will be 30mins HAHAHAHAH, SLOW. If you meant 1/8mile only sissy's run 1/8mile. Real racers run 1/4mile GEEZ
some tracks only run 1/8th mile... actually quite a few only do 1/8th mile here in florida.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
some tracks only run 1/8th mile... actually quite a few only do 1/8th mile here in florida.
1/8mile is a wang tease. Just right before you get to the top of 3rd gear you gotta shut down.

Crush

ED... like a big go-kart
5+ Year Member
Hmmm... anyone notice he said hes running no BOV? Not a smart thing to do since the pressure in the pipes can be forced back through the turbo and into the engine and cause some major s**t to go wrong...

Im going to say BS on this too... anyone with common sense isnt going to use pool hose for charge pipes, I can find better around the house. My guess is he bolted someones turbo they just got up to his block for the pics... hence the bolts missing...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Crush said:
Hmmm... anyone notice he said hes running no BOV? Not a smart thing to do since the pressure in the pipes can be forced back through the turbo and into the engine and cause some major s**t to go wrong...
running no BOV will cause compressor surge, wich will harm the turbo not the motor.

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Crush said:

Im going to say BS on this too... anyone with common sense isnt going to use pool hose for charge pipes, I can find better around the house. My guess is he bolted someones turbo they just got up to his block for the pics... hence the bolts missing...

ahahaha probably lol wtf i bet thats what he did he doesnt show the intake mani eather hmmm

hundredwatt

5+ Year Member
I got some couplers for the piping that I have gonna try to put it on as soon as it stops raining. I put the pool hose on there mainly to get out of the driveway, i didn't realize before installation that i didn't have all the right pipe. or enough couplers. And lots of factory tubo cars like evo's do not have a bov. and i'm only running 8-9 ps, so it's not a nessecary. and right now i'm back in tennessee and all they have around here is an eigth mile track. That's all they had when i was in florida to.

sohclubkid said:
what size turbo is that anyways man? upgrade the injectors and get an FMU/ pressure regulator (and of course as stated above many times, real I.C. piping.) oh, and youll need a blow off valve bro...
I was told it was a t25 or t28 when i bought it, i don't remember. but when it was rebuilt they used t25 or t28 parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
8 pounds on a D unbuilt with pool s**t on it do you want that s**t to blow up

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
I got some couplers for the piping that I have gonna try to put it on as soon as it stops raining. I put the pool hose on there mainly to get out of the driveway, i didn't realize before installation that i didn't have all the right pipe. or enough couplers. And lots of factory tubo cars like evo's do not have a bov. and i'm only running 8-9 ps, so it's not a nessecary. and right now i'm back in tennessee and all they have around here is an eigth mile track. That's all they had when i was in florida to.
actually evos and wrx's do come with bov...they just arent called bov...it like an air release something in another....

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
watisjdm said:
actually evos and wrx's do come with bov...they just arent called bov...it like an air release something in another....
i think its called air bypass valve...

but anyway, hundredwatt, you need a BOV to release excess pressure to prevent compressor surge...no matter what PSI your running...just a little FYI for the life of your turbo

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hundredwatt said:
Just about all late modle turbo cars have BOVs.. just some with MAF are recirculated.. & you cant hear then

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
divertert valve. thats why if yo uhave a MAF system yo uneed ot get one that wither reciculates all the air back into teh intake or half.

my system will reciculate back into teh intake. make it nice and silent

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's what you need, hunnerdwhat, if you want more boost than what you've got..

:rolf: jus' messin..

Porker

Fukin' Bent y0!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Props for hanging around Bro :P

The s**t you're taking would probably make lesser people scream like bitches. :lol:

Get some better pics up, sure you can do that!

And yeah, ditch the hose, get some proper pipe!

[/diplomatic brit y0!]

Status
Not open for further replies.