For those that were/are in the military

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your first 30 days dont count, your 31st day and on will count toward 'seperations pay'. You have to setup your paperwork while in bootcamp for your BAH, telling them you're married and have dependants. Done forget all the money they take out for food/housing/uniforms/tricare/SGLI/GI Bill and the money you'll spend at the PX for supples while training. s*** adds up.

And an extra $150/m because your ATTACHED to an airborne unit? How do you know that when your like 5 months away from bootcamp? And your a motor-T operatior...dosent make sense.

Then again, its the army and they throw money at you like it's cool. I hate all of you.

But it just sounds like a recruiter feeding you his lines as usual. I can make a supply MOS sound badass.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Im 88m with airborne. So extra 150 a month after training seperation yes I know after 30 days either way its better money than ive ever really gotten

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Airborne is in my contract

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Airborne is in my contract

'Airborne' as in the airborne training at Ft. Benning? Theres an entire "Airborne" unit in Ft Bragg that does support. A chick I went to high school with is 'airborne' and shes a pharmacy tech. Out of every 10 soliders I pass daily, 7 of them have the "Airborne" tab.

Not trying to crush dreams, but I doubt the DoD is going to give a jump school spot to a MT guy when spots are so sought after.

Are you airborne? Yes. Will you ever jump out of an airplane? Not on your first enlistment...

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
We replaced a group when I went over seas who were all supposedly airborn that were truck drivers. I thought it was funny however they were active.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Fort benning. Whatever happens when I go in ill just take one step at a time

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Fort benning. Whatever happens when I go in ill just take one step at a time

Thats the attitude. Good luck to you man, i know you still have a bit before you leave. Take this time to get yo ass in shape!

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Thanks man. I plan on gettin in shape and enjoying the time with the family

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you should be able to run 4-5 miles comfortably 3 times a week.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I'm not i the military, but I just wanted to say that its cool to see people excited about enlisting/serving. My buddy left in September for basic in San Diego. He was totally stoked to leave, and I thought that was cool.

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Hmm I wonder what kind of things I can do as a black hawk mechanic :P I see that I can fly with the crew so thats pretty cool

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hmm I wonder what kind of things I can do as a black hawk mechanic :P I see that I can fly with the crew so thats pretty cool
I feel like I'm crushing dreams here.

If your a Mechanic then you'll most likely pull shift work at the airfield. My buddy got con'ed into being a CH-53 mechanic becuase he heard he can fly around. He deployed and pulled 16hr shifts for 7 months never once getting on the bird.

I know i'll get the rebuttle of "well my recruiter told me that, and we're super tight!" no s**t, he's trying to be your best friend because his OIC (Officer in charge) is telling him he'll get a shitty FITREP (fitness report) if he dosent pull numbers. Recruiters will f**kin buy you dinner and tell you everything you want to hear to make sure you stick it out and get on that bus. Thats all they care about.

Recruiting is all about being a salesman. The line "i have THE job for you" translates into "we need to fill a spot for this MOS and you qualify for it," then they sell it to you.

I'm not saying your recruiter is lying and that you wont get to do all this different s**t, I'm just trying to make you realize that the recruiting process is all about selling you on whatever. Letting you down soft, so to speak.

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Totally understand but my recruiter never told me about flying lol I just seen it on the MOS videos