Front Mount Intercooler

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so what about when it rains, shouldnt i worry about water getting into the intercooler? or would it not effect it?

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
LOL! That is hilarious! I know it's not your fault because you're a turbo noob, but that is sig material right there!

Think of an FMIC as a radiator for the air going into the engine. Same concept. It's sealed and you won't get water in it unless you knock a hole in it with a hammer.

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh wow mom... you're an a*****e. but thanks for letting me know anyways. haha

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow... you deserved so much more flaming for that one... just dont be calling people names.. especially helpful people who don't give you the thrashing you deserve

but while the topic is open.. how would a wet fmic perform vs. a dry one. like would the water help with the heat transfer or does air say at summer time temperatures still cool off charge temps more efficiently?

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow... you deserved so much more flaming for that one... just dont be calling people names.. especially helpful people who don't give you the thrashing you deserve

but while the topic is open.. how would a wet fmic perform vs. a dry one. like would the water help with the heat transfer or does air say at summer time temperatures still cool off charge temps more efficiently?
its a joke man. calm down.

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
I can handle a little name calling, no worries about that, and we were both f**king around.

Look up a cryo sprayer that attaches to an FMIC if you want any cooler temps from stuff sprayed on the exterior of an FMIC.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a water to air cooler...as they are technically called. are best suited for supercharged v6 to v8 engines.

the cryo cooler is awesome though. its a bar that goes in front of the intercooler and when a button is hit it releases co2 into the intercoolers path instantly freezing the metal thus making the air inside super cool.

another option.... is to hook up a system like the STI has. basically its winshield washer jets hooked up in front of the cooler to spray water on it. very effective system. and cheap as hell to make work and maintain...seeing as all you do is put water in it. no co2 to fill, and no radiator hoses to hook up...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have a i/c sprayer ;):thumbup:

another option.... is to hook up a system like the STI has. basically its winshield washer jets hooked up in front of the cooler to spray water on it. very effective system. and cheap as hell to make work and maintain...seeing as all you do is put water in it. no co2 to fill, and no radiator hoses to hook up...
its a water sprayer, with just a pump, windshield lines (tubes for liquid to transfer), a switch, and mist nozzle. subaru says to use water, but most people use winshield washer fluid instead since theres more alky in the fluid, better cooler

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive seen pics of your car ;):thumbup:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG