Fuel Pump?

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
this happened with my girlfriends car kinda it turned out to be her pump we got a new one but it was bad.we replaced the cap and rotor, plugs and wires as well to get better spark. the fuel pump we bought wasnt pushing enough fuel pressure to the rail. although if you dont hear a click then your main relay isnt working. hers clicked once when the key is in on(II) and once again after the pump primed. im still confused though are you getting good spark or no?? RonJ knows his goods but my guess would be the main relay. there is a way to fix it but you need to resolder it with special solder to get the old stuff off.

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
from what i heard from the shop is just that the car isn't getting enough spark. The CEL does work. but as far as i know im not sure if it is getting enough spark to the motor due to the plugs or wires. im going by the shop on thursday so im gonna figure this stuff out.

_REV_

SkooT or DiE
5+ Year Member
It could possibly be the ignition switch, your model had a recall from the factory.

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like you lack both spark and fuel. In this case, start by checking whether hood fuse 44 or dash fuse 31 or 13 is blown.

If the fuses are fine, clean and tighten the critical G101 ground wire attached to the thermostat housing.

If the above suggestions don't help, then test the main relay, which is located to the right of the glove box.

305ej6

5+ Year Member
IF you are not getting the right spark the 2 main things in the dizzy you would need to replace is the Coil and the ignition module. those 2 are the 2 main reasons that you would not get spark. No need to get a whole new dizzy.

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
yah i checked the fuses before and they were good. ill check the ground today. Im really thinkin its that pump relay. it's supposed to click when the car is turned to run before you crank it right?